Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just Dreamin'

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time sitting in front of my computer researching Italian destinations for my upcoming honeymoon. I should have spent that time on emailing vendors and, well, just replying to emails that I have read and flagged. Or sleeping. I divided the destinations into two groups: Cities & Islands, or Cities/Towns off of the Coast. 

My top picks for Cities are as follows:

Rome


Venice


 Florence


Siena 



My top picks for the Islands/Cities or Towns off the Coast are:

Capri


Cinque Terre


Amalfi (Coast)


Pompeii


Oh and the hotels! I've found some gorgeous hotels. Unfortunately, David and I cannot afford to pay for expensive hotel rooms, so we have to make do with whatever we can. Although, we are hoping to save enough to have at least a couple of nights here and there to spend in a fancy little place. We shall see!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

My bro-in-law and his fiancee are going to Italy for their honeymoon in late Oct. I know he got some AMAZING deals. They're going to Florence, then Venice, then Lake Como. I can try and hit him up for some tips and info if you'd like...