Monday, September 12, 2011

the weekend

I didn't go to Dub Dub this week because, well to be honest, I just didn't feel like it. It wasn't because I had a bad week or anything like that, I just needed a break. Sometimes it just causes me to have a lot of emotional stress to weigh in and this week was emotionally difficult for me so I let myself have a break.

BUT, I totally forgot that I won't be weighing in this week either because I'll be out of town for the weekend. Sooooo, I actually should have gone yesterday. Oh well.

On Saturday Dave and I decided to go to Disneyland. We hadn't been in a while and it happened to be Dave's last day to go before we renew his annual pass, it was also raining that morning so we figured it'd be nice and empty. We went on Star Tours for the first time since they updated it. I'm not a fan of 3D so that was a bummer, plus our "missions" were unsatisfactory. I'm bummed at how much the first three episodes were incorporated into the update. I'm also a little old fashioned and don't like change, so just the fact that it wasn't the old Star Tours that I had grown to love was a bummer as well.

Other than that we had a fantastic day. We love going to Disneyland because we usually just have a great time, even if we're just walking around hand in hand or people watching. We just love it.

David snapped these of me on the swings at California Adventures


Last week Kacie and I finished working on the Fall display at our church, something that I was very happy to be finished working on because it was quite a lot more work than we had originally anticipated, but I'm very proud of it and the work we put into it. We worked long hours and may have lost some fingerprints in the process thanks to the hot glue, but it was worth it because it turned out better than I thought it would.


 The boards were made of coffee filters (thousands actually) on the top
and white washed blocks of wood on the bottom










I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
~Andrea

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

Gorgeous pictures! And I love the display, it looks amazing!

Katy said...

VERY COOL display! ;-) love it! that had to take so much time! holy moly! Also, so jealous you went to disneyland!

Bean said...

whoa...i love the display you and your friend made. it's beautiful...can you do some ruching like that on a DRESS for me?? haha

CA adventure looks fun...love the flowing red locks. Wish i could be there.

<3 marmar

Kacie said...

those pictures Dave snapped of you are precious. they look so carefree :)

SO glad we finished on time too!!

The Veda House said...

Love the swing image. So great. Looks like you're having a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Caitlin, Katy & MarMar: Thanks SO much! I'm so glad you like the displays. It took hours upon hours upon hours, but we did it!

Kacie & Cassie: <3

mandyface said...

Um, holy amazing batman. I'm totally blown away. It looks awesome!!!