Wednesday, October 19, 2011

i'm dying to see...

It's got to be obvious if you know me or read my blog that I'm a huge film buff. I love films so much it's kind of ridiculous. When I see trailers for films I want to see it makes me super giddy and excited and just totally pumped.

Here are a list of trailers of films that I'm kind of dying to see.


THE HUNGER GAMES!!! Why is March four months away? I can't wait. Dave won't even watch this teaser because he doesn't want it to spoil it for him. He read the series after I basically begged him to and went nuts over it (duh) and we're both going to read the first book again before the film is released. I CAN'T WAIT.

The Hunger Games Theatrical Trailer


Now, I have yet to read this book series, but after watching both of these trailers I am dead set on starting them before the release date of this film. I know there have been other film adaptations, but this is David Fincher we're talking about. I'm waiting for this one.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Teaser Trailer

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Theatrical Trailer

Pretty much anything to do with Shakespeare I jump on. This looks pretty awesome.

Anonymous Theatrical Trailer

I'm a HUGE Edgar Allan Poe fan. I mean, big time fan. I'm a little disappointed that this isn't a biopic, but it's okay. I'll still see it just because it's Poe.

The Raven Theatrical Trailer

I used to have posters of Monroe all over my room growing up. I've seen almost all of her films. She's always really fascinated me. This looks pretty good.

My Week With Marilyn Theatrical Trailer

Something about this movie intrigues me.

Like Crazy Theatrical Trailer

Leo. Eastwood. Biopic. Enough said.

J. Edgar Theatrical Trailer

Meryl Streep. That's all I have to say. Meryl freaking Streep.

The Iron Lady Theatrical Trailer

What upcoming films are you dying to see?

10 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

clearly, i too will be at the theater for these!!
although i have yet to read hunger games...

wish we could go together, and coffee afterwards to discuss.

xo
hanana

Heather said...

All of those look really really good.

I can't wait for Breaking Dawn and Paranormal Activity 3, which probably makes me a big LOSER, but I'm okay with that ;)

Unknown said...

HANNAH YOU NEED TO READ THE HUNGER GAMES!!!! please read them. PLEASE!
and i wish we could do coffee/discussion after too!!

Heather: i totally had to force myself not to add Breaking Dawn ;)

Kacie said...

HELLO!!! such an awesome post about all things awesome!
cannnnnnnnnot wait till march!

warplayer said...

Hi Andrea!

I remember sharing similar film sensibilities with you back in the day, and this list does not disappoint.

Quite a few of these were on my radar (J Edgar and Anonymous in particular), but others I hadn't heard of.

All of them sound great, but after seeing this post I've decided I NEED to read The Hunger Games. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Unknown said...

kacie: i know, right?!?

Nick: Hey!! Dude, you should TOTALLY read The Hunger Games!!

Leslie @ top of the page said...

oh my gosh love this post. need to spend time watching all those trailers. we LOVE a good film over here too, though i can't take anything too violent. the one i'm MOST excited to see is baz luhrmann's upcoming take on the great gatsby. dying.

Caitlin said...

I hadn't heard of most of these!

Honestly, I HATED "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"...the book I mean. I could barely get through it and ditto with the other one. Daniel Craig is handsome so hopefully that will help out the movie...

I'm most excited about J. Edgar Hoover and Marilyn :)

Anonymous said...

i didn't even know about a lot of these.....definitely getting to be good movie season again!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a great compilation of films...most of which I am eager to see!! thanks Andrea :-)

btw, "Like Crazy"...you can imagine...is killing me right now. T_T ...I'm a water baby.