Wednesday, January 25, 2012

the "shop my closet" party

Last weekend I hosted a "Shop My Closet" party. I got the idea from a friend on Intagram who commented on a photo of my recently purged closet. I had planned on selling my clothes at Buffalo or Crossroads, but once I had the idea of a party where my friends could come shop my closet I began asking around to get an idea of how many people would actually be interested. To my surprise, so many friends said they would definitely love to participate, so it was a go.

The plan was to have it at my mom's house, since my condo is way too small for a big party. She ended up going all out and making tons of hors d'oeuvres and donating bottles of wine. All I did was bring the cheese, set up shop (many, many thanks to Kacie of Two Downings A Day for all of the hours of work you put into helping me prep!) and showed up.

I had very low expectations for the party. I thought I'd be lucky if 10 friends showed up and if I made a 50 bucks, but I was wrong! The party way exceeded my expectations as I hope it did everyone else's. It was also so wonderful to chat and hang out with Rachel of No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane (I love that woman!) and the beautiful Hayley of The Weekend File. I had such a fabulous time catching up with old friends, and hanging out afterwards and talking for hours with some awesome ladies. I am definitely going to do this again in the future. It was a fantastic idea.

I asked the talented Debbie Huber of Snapshots & Sunshine to photograph the party and I think she did an excellent job. Check out the photos!

And let me know if you would ever be interested in coming to my next party :)


8 comments:

Kasey Lynne said...

SO sad I missed this :(

Glad you ladies had a good time!

Four Flights said...

Why was I not invited to this?! :) Looks like a ball!

Unknown said...

Kasey, I wish you could have been there, too!

Andrea, I invited anyone who responded to my various facebook status updates asking who wanted to come.

Adrian said...

This looks like so much fun. I'm in for the next one. :)

Hayley said...

I had a great time! Good snacks and scored some cute things! I am actually wearing the gold and green heart bracelet as I type!! Thank you for inviting me! It inspired me to maybe someday do one of my own, I am just not that organized!!! Anyways Rachel and I decided you need to come out to Costa Mesa for a girly dinner and drinks evening!

Hayley
The Weekend File: Life & Style

Unknown said...

Adrian: yay!!

Hayley, I am SO glad you came to the party. I loved chatting with you and I hope you have one of these parties for yourself. I would LOVE to have a girly dinner and drinks evening with you and Rachel <3

grey rose (they/them) said...

totally awesome and lovely. loved all the pretty photos, too. also, do you like owls at all? ;)

xo hope you're having a beautiful week, andrea!

::: Wild lola {Naia} said...

I love the photos!

I´d be great to go to your next party but I live in Europe...

great blog!!