Thursday, January 19, 2012

what i wore >> wednesday


I have to say I am really in love with this outfit. There's something about this grunge-meets-Joni-Mitchell-circa-1968 look that I'm really into these days. I'm finding myself going through a period of evolution with my style, which is partly why I'm selling a large amount of my clothing this coming Saturday. Though I still love the pieces that I'm giving up, I think I need to just move on. Everyone should refresh their wardrobe every now and then, if it's affordable. Have you ever gotten in that funk where you just need to change your look?

Unfortunately all of the items I'm wearing are out of stock, but you can still purchase the boots at the AllSaints site if you love them as much as I do. I honestly don't purchase shoes all that much, so splurging on a good pair that will last a long time is pretty reasonable for me.

Damisi Boot // AllSaints

How has your style changed lately?

A Case of You by Joni Mitchell on Grooveshark

4 comments:

Leslie @ top of the page said...

in my top 5 favorite songs of all time. (did you see my post on "river"? that's on the list too). you gotta tell me about what you put in your hair. it always looks so great. you're right, that outfit is really great head to toe.

Unknown said...

Leslie, I didn't see the post, but I love "River" too!
I honestly don't wash my hair a lot. It's kinda gross. I'll wash it about once a week, or until it gets too greasy to handle. I'll wash it with color protector shampoo, put leave-in conditioner at the ends, use some thickening gel (sometimes) and I use TONS of hairspray. I mean, TONS of it. I use a dry shampoo mid-week to prolong the non-wash. I used to never get greasy hair which is why I got so used to only washing it once a week, but now it gets greasy sooner, but I keep holding onto my method. I have SO much hair that it's such a pain to wash it and blow dry it all the freaking time.

kelly ann said...

That dress is all kinds of wonderful. Siiiiigh.

arielle elise. said...

love that dress!! so lovely!