Wednesday, May 23, 2012

a new home.

these past couple of weeks have been kinda crazy.
we sold our condo and have to be all moved out in exactly three weeks. yikes.

we put in an offer for a house that we both absolutely adore... but we don't think we got it, so now we have to keep looking. all of the houses we love/like are back up offers, which means we most likely don't have a shot at them. our options are running real low real fast and we're kind of in a pickle.

i'm pretty bummed that we didn't get the house we wanted. i knew it was a bad idea, but while we were waiting to hear from the relator i started decorating the house in my head. i even drew up crude floor plans to get my ideas on paper. even as i was doing it i knew i was probably jinxing our chances at this home, but i couldn't help myself, we want wanted this house so bad. i also started researching affordable new furniture since i kinda hate what we currently have. pinterest has been my bff these days and i've been littering my Design Sponge and Domino books with mini post-its, i've started to draw up a decorating budget... it's becoming an obsession. i know what we like and what we want and i want to make it happen.

it's just frustrating to not know where we're going to put all of our boxes of possessions or where we're going to live in three weeks... but i'm trying to trust that it will work out. God's got it. i don't.

therefore i need to just let go and trust.

in the meantime, here are just a few (and i mean only a few) inspiration photos i've been pinning like a madwoman (i literally have 1,110 pins just for my decorating board... as of right now).








7 comments:

erin m. said...

eep! i love interior decorating and i think we may have similar tastes! i love all these photos. it is so fun to decorate a new place. i'm praying you guys find the perfect place real soon. and post lots of pictures once you do! :)

Anonymous said...

I too am moving and am in crazy Pinterest mode looking for ideas. I have a bunch of furniture to paint, after that nothing.

Bon @ A Golden Afternoon said...

I love it ALL! Happy housewarming :)

Unknown said...

Oh friend....I can't wait to see what your new house looks like. And hear all about it. I'll start praying!
Love you!

Emily said...

I could live in most of those pictures and be perfectly happy :) I'm obsessed with subway tile too, and I would love to have hardwood floors!

My husband and I were almost in a similar situation a few weeks ago, needing to move but not knowing where to go. God worked it all out so that our landlord lowered our rent so that we could stay for a few more months. I know what you mean about knowing you should trust God, but really not deep down. I'm praying God will strengthen your faith through this experience.

Anonymous said...

incredible... your taste is my taste... so of those pictures could definitely become reality when I have my own house in the future!!! :) lovin' it.

hopefully you found a house already.

M.

pitayafruits.blogspot.com

christina said...

great collection of interior images. i love all the bright space, natural elements, and of course, a buttery soft leather sofa.