Tuesday, October 16, 2012

tunes tuesday (a very special edition).

it's the time of year when the air gets crisp (or is supposed to) and the pumpkin patches sprout all around and hot apple cider next to a fire and a good book sound like heaven on earth. it's my most beloved season and it reminds me of my beloved himself. David and i met around this time five years ago (woah, it's been five years!) and the seeds of our love were planted, albeit rather cautious and unsteadily at first, but still our love bloomed. and ever since then he has given me songs that make him think only of me. they fill my heart with warmth and joy. they comfort me. they remind me of how very blessed i am. and they are damn good.

these are the songs he gave to me.






































my girl // otis redding
the man in me // bob dylan
i got a woman // johnny cash & june carter cash
i wanna be your boyfriend // the ramones
that's how strong my love is // the rolling stones
something // the beatles
be your love // rachael yamagata
sorry signs on cash machines // mason jennings
there's no other like my baby // the crystals
nothing can change this love // sam cooke << this one is "our song" and was our first dance at our wedding.

listen | 8tracks

1 comment:

ladaisi said...

What a perfectly beautiful post. And I love the soundtrack here. And your description of fall, makes me miss the States and the mountains most.

Ladaisi Blog