Monday, April 1, 2013

here's the real news...

my alma mater (VUSC) produces a playwriting showcase every spring in which students and alumni can submit their short plays to be selected for a staged reading. with the encouragement of Sir Doody* i decided to submit my play into the showcase and was thrilled to find out recently that my play is among the seven plays chosen to be produced at the showcase!

*last fall i had the priveledge of participating in a creative writing class taught by my former scriptwriting professor, Sir Doody (his real name is Warren, not Sir. it's an inside joke, i won't even try to explain it, haha). in this class we were assigned to write two short stories, two ten-minute plays, and a handful of poems. i learned so much in this class and i'm so thankful that i've been able to keep in touch and stay friends with my former professors so that i can have the opportunity to continue to learn from them.

Ten: Vanguard University's Playwriting Showcase was actually the brainchild of Sir Doody and one of my good friends, Donna Johnson. Donna approached Sir Doody with the idea five years ago and since it's first production has continued every spring. i am so thrilled and crazy excited to be a part of it this year. this is seriously the highlight of 2013 so far.

if you're interested in coming to see my first produced play, the showcase will be on Tuesday, April 16th at 7:00pm on the Vanguard University campus in Costa Mesa. admission is totally FREE and open to all. 

1 comment:

kelly ann said...

Ahhhh! That is AWESOME. I'm super excited for you :) I've been to the showcase a few times and I loved it. I'm so bummed I won't be able to come this year! I hope it's a magical evening <3