Thursday, January 13, 2011

handmade beauties

When I was planning my wedding I remembered a site that I had stumbled across a while back when I had more time to craft and sew that led me to some gorgeous handmade wedding toppers.


Normally I would add a link to the website, but I honestly don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet (I will in the future), pretty much because I know a lot of ladies getting married and as much as I'm willing to share a ton of wedding secrets with all the brides, this is one I'm holding off on simply because I adored our wedding toppers so much and this is one thing I want to keep as my own thing. I realize this makes me sound so snooty, but I hope it's understandable that a girl would like a few things be and be kept unique on her wedding day :)


So anyway, I loooooooove these cake toppers so much. I even got a little annoyed when the baker who made our wedding cake because she placed them facing each other, but after I saw the photos of them I thought, "Well that's just too cute." And really, it's another thing that makes them unique. I mean, who's cake toppers face each other??


After the wedding was over I thought, "Wow, I spent all that money on having them made and only get to see them displayed for one day.", much like so many other things that go into a wedding. So I came up with the idea of displaying them in our home and I finally did it today. They look adorable, if I do say so myself and, I just can't help but show them off.






 {Don't they look so cute in their new home?}

Here's how they looked on the cake








They are just the cutest!

9 comments:

.dear.jenny. said...

these are fantastic!

Vintage Noli said...

i passed a beautiful award on to your blog!!! :D
go along here:

http://mylittlerosehillcottage.blogspot.com/2011/01/danke.html

best wishes
noli*

btw.: you had such a beautiful wedding!!!

Unknown said...

Jenny: Thanks so much!!

Noli: Oh my goodness! Thank you SO MUCH, I feel so very honored!!

Diana Smith said...

Your cake toppers are so cute and clever! I love how original they are!

Unknown said...

Diana, you are just too sweet!

Pia said...

Oh, those are too cute! :)

Unknown said...

Why, thank you Pia!

Kacie said...

so glad i got to meet them in person.. :)

their little apothocary home is a blessed little nest

Unknown said...

soooo happy you were the first to meet them in person! <3