Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Make You Feel My Love

Originally written by Bob Dylan, one of my favorite artists of all time, "Make You Feel My Love" has been covered by over 20 different artists including Garth Brooks, another one of my favorites. But it is Adele's version of this song that hits me on a unique level. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but she changes it a bit, not just vocally which is obvious, but emotionally as well. The lyrics remind me of the few short months David and I spent getting to know each other before we officially became a couple. And without asking, I imagine this song might have reflected some of his feelings at that time.

The video is also quite special in that it seems as though she sings it a cappella, with the music from her album dubbed in. The concept is simple, but I love it.


2 comments:

Jayne said...

One of my most favorite songs EVER.

Meghan Williams said...

WHAT a sweet addition to your site. love it.