Monday, July 13, 2009

Date Night


Tonight David and I had our first real date in a while. My mom and I had wedding plans to go over but it got cancelled at the last minute, so I seized the opportunity to go out with my baby on a "real date" for the first time in what seemed like a very long while. With our lives being so busy working, saving money for our honeymoon and future home, being involved in projects, and planning this wedding we rarely have the opportunity to spend some money on a night out. Thankfully we had a gift card to Belmont Brewing Co. given to us by Dave's groomsman, Andy, at our engagement party. Neither David nor I had been and we were pleasantly surprised at how delish our dinner was. He got a pizza, I got the Italian rice salad (YUM, YUM, YUM)! 

After dinner we walked around Shoreline Village, shared a caramel apple and watched the sun go down. We then headed over to 2nd Street to take a peek in Fingerprints. I bought a Johnny Cash record and took the plunge and purchased a record entitled "Among the Gold" by Cheyenne Mize and Bonnie "Prince" Billy which features songs written between 1864 and 1915. Needless to say, I am exceedingly pleased with this purchase. Dave bought a pretty neat album that we listened to on the way home. 

Following Fingerprints, we headed into Buffalo Exchange where I purchased a shirt for Dave on the promise that he would actually wear it, and he bought another shirt and some fancy shoes. Then we just walked up and down 2nd Street, I got some tea and we drove through the streets looking at all of the cute houses and apartments and we kind of daydreamed about living in one someday, and that's when we realized that in exactly 8 months, to the day, we will be married and enjoying the company of our guests at our reception. Crazy!

I had such a lovely time. It was the perfect antidote to the previous week that was filled with stress and anxiety. I am looking forward to a better week.

1 comment:

marisa said...

what a cute night! i'm glad you got away from the stress for a little bit love.