Thursday, January 14, 2010

I MADE IT!

Yes, my friends, I made it through last week. Much to my delight, it went by relatively slow. I'm trying to not let the days breeze by and force myself to get things done before it's too late. I tend to procrastinate a lot and then scramble at the last minute. It's the habit I wish I could break the most, even more than cracking my knuckles and neck.
~
Unfortunately I've had some computer problems and it's been pretty touch and go here for a while. I'm hoping it will hold on until I can safely back up all of my music and photos and then it can be taken to the Genius Bar for some R&R. I'm trying to be patient, especially when I remember that it does us humans no good to be so dependent upon instant gratification. It is difficult, though, not having access to what you need right at your fingertips at any given moment. AHH!
~
Tonight I checked up on my registry lists online to update them and much to my surprise, I found that I am somehow, someway registered for a baby monitor, baby pants and a baby blanket at Target. I don't know how or why, but it's there. I called Dave to see if he scanned them as a joke, he had no clue what I was talking about. I then marched downstairs to corner Jeff (mom's bf) and let him know the jig is up! He got me good! HA HA HE HE HO HO!


But no.


He didn't do it either, although he got the biggest kick out of it (OF COURSE).


I also realized that for some reason, I can't delete these items from the registry list online. So... when any of my guests who want to purchase our wedding gift from Target see our list, they're gonna think I'm pregnant.


Oh boy. It is kinda funny though.
~
I am so happy to report that, at my dress fitting, the seamstress had to take my gown in by approx. 4-6 inches in the waist, BUT she has forbidden me to lose more than 5 pounds from now on. That was not in my plan for the next 8 weeks. I had planned to lose 10 more pounds. I tried to bargain with her by agreeing to 8... no deal. I don't know what I'm gonna do about this dilemma. If I lose more than she wants me to, I run the risk of making her take the dress in so much that it could potentially alter the look of the gown, and if I lost only 5 pounds, I run the risk of potentially being unhappy with my appearance on my wedding day.


Hmmmm... any thoughts?


I know this is a very stupid and silly dilemma, but wedding days are not like any other day, people. I've worked so very hard to get where I am with my weight now, I don't want it to be a waste. Someday I'll look back and think how silly and childish I was... won't I?
~
I saw this last night and it made me happy <3




Random Wedding Inspiration Photo




8 comments:

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

yay for making it through the week!

i wouldn't worry too much about the extra weight loss. i wouldn't imagine 5 extra pounds would make all that much difference...either way. you could always split the difference, lose 8, or work to lose the 5 and then tone up more. i dunno. i think you'll look beautiful no matter what. and your hair and makeup will look so awesome that you probably won't even notice 5 lbs.

hope you figure it out. and stay calm!

marisa said...

argh it's getting so so close! you look great though, i can tell you've lost weight and you also look toned and tiny :) i think you'll look perfect with just the 5 (and like lauren said, tone up wouldn't be "losing weight" if you weren't happy with just the 5, right?)

idk. you look great though pretty girl!

aaand i'm getting really excited for the bridal shower/bachelorette! :)

Unknown said...

lauren: Thanks for the encouragement, it's good to hear in such stressful times! :)

marisa: Thank you girl! No one tells me! One of my co-workers noticed when she saw the save-the-dates, and another of my friend noticed, but she hadn't seen me in a looooong time, but other than that I don't get much encouraging feedback. You'd think that 15 lbs in less than a year makes a difference, but who knows.

I definitely need to work on the toning, though. My arms need some more definition. I'm scared of the gym though! I've put off getting a membership for so long!

And thank you so much for being so supportive with the wedding stuff and for expressing your excitement. It really means a lot to me <3

Nicole Jeannette said...

I love the pictures and congrats on getting married! I'm sure it will be a lovely wedding!

Unknown said...

Thank you Nicole, that is so sweet of you! I love you blog, by the way. I am now a follower!

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

Hey I just found your blog and it is so cute!
That is so funny about the baby items on your registry! That happened to me too when we registered. We had some onesies and a pink baby blanket...somehow. So funny! And I've seen that on other couple's registries too! I think some items just get mismarked or something...

I'm sure you look absolutely AMAZING after having lost all the weight that you already have.. I agree with Lauren in that no one else is going to notice your 5 extra pounds, but I also know that sometimes for us girls, it doesn't matter what other people think, because YOU know what's hiding underneath the dress and if it's going to affect your self-confidence then maybe you can just lose part of the weight so the seamstress doesn't get mad at you and so that your dress still looks the same!

PLUS, if the dress has some texture to it around the bodice it does a better job of smoothing and slimming a waistline! Hope it all works out!

Jayne said...

You are a gorgeous girl (inside and out), and you're going to stun Dave on your wedding day. He will not notice 5 lbs, or how toned your arms are, because that's not how he (or anyone else that loves you) looks at you. I know that sounds like a cop-out comment, but it's true.

I actually gained weight during the process of planning our wedding, and thought that I was going to look like a bovine in satin, but the look on my husband's face as I came down the aisle made me feel like a supermodel.

All Dave is going to see is his WIFE. His BEAUTIFUL bride.

Enjoy yourself and your day. Enjoy how far you've come and allow yourself to feel pretty no matter what the scale says.

Unknown said...

Saralala: Thanks for liking my blog! And thank you for your encouraging words. It is definitely true that it's more about my goal than how people will see me. I definitely set a goal for myself to accomplish by my wedding day and it's difficult to realize that you're probably not going to make it to that goal, but that's life. I'm just worried that on that day I'll have less confidence, knowing that I didn't reach my goal.

It's so weird about the baby stuff! I guess that's pretty common. We did figure that some things we scanned were probably just mis-marked. We ended up going to Target and taking it off the registry there, so it worked out haha.

Courtney (JayneSees): You are such a wonderful person. You always know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Thank you so much for sharing your advice and wisdom. Knowing you, and all that you have experienced in the wedding process and knowing some of what you've been through in life, I really value your opinion and your advice. Thank you SO much. I hope to see you on Sunday!! <3