Friday, January 1, 2010

This Will Be Our Year

This new year's eve might have been the best I've ever had. It was suuuuper laid back, but included some of my favorite people and happened to be exactly what I needed. Thanks to Graham and Elise (and little Ollie) for letting Amara house sit and have us over for Jenga, thai tofu pizza, and drinks. It was just so relaxing and carefree. 


I'm relieved that the holidays are over and I can now focus more on the wedding planning and hopefully getting my rear into gear. I need to crack down on ridding myself of the rotten eating habits I picked up over the holiday season. I stopped running, quit doing Pilates, started eating more sweets and less veggies and an extra two pounds are the price I pay. I know what you're thinking: "Two pounds? That's nothing!", and you're right, it is nothing really but when you're trying to look good in a wedding gown, those extra two el bees are so not cute. I need to tone up my arms and get back into shape so I can start feeling not so crappy and start dealing with this stress better. 


Speaking of stress, this week is gonna be CRAZY. On the agenda, beginning tonight:


Friday: clean room (optional?), finally stop drooling over invitation proofs and put together guest list for bridal shower, sleep
Saturday: Baking with my gays in Hollywood, possible hang out sesh with David, sleep
Sunday: church, register at Macy's, sleep
Monday: mail bridal shower invitations, work, sleep
Tuesday: Doctor appointment, shop for undergarments for wedding dress, register at Target, sleep
Wednesday: work, finally shop for tuxes, sleep
Thursday: work, sleep
Friday: first wedding dress fitting, buy gym pass, sleep
Saturday: first trial hair appointment with wedding stylist, sleep


Oh, jeez. I'm exhausted already. 


On an I'm-so-excited-I-could-pee-my-pants-jump-for-joy-cry-my-eyes-out-my-mind-just-exploded note, Kitty sent me the wedding invitation proofs and I'm so close to speechless it's not even funny. I just can't really form a complete sentence on how overjoyed and ecstatic I am about how fabulous/gorgeous/classy/old-timey/elegant/stunning/sumptuous/dazzling/magnificent/opulent/breathtaking/splendid/awe-inspiring these invitations are. 


I basically word-vomited to Kitty a million times all the little things I wanted the invitation to present and represent and continually thought to myself that all my ideas were too much of a hodge podge of images, feelings, and concepts. I didn't think that they could all mix together harmoniously, but BOY was I dead wrong and HALLELUJAH for it! Every element I wanted is interwoven seamlessly and effortlessly to make up a unique little package of adorable yumminess. 


(See what I mean about the complete sentences?) 


I am just dyyyyyying to show it off, but I'm gonna dig deep for the patience I so commonly lack to abstain and be tenacious.


Well, I hope everyone had a fabulous 2009 and that their 2010 is even more grand.


David, this will be our year <3






13 comments:

JMay said...

So glad I found your site!

You two are the cutest, I absolutely adore your blog :-) Will be following.


Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Thank you! You too. I'm following as well!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

glad you had a great new year's, and so glad your invites are exactly what you'd dreamed up. good luck this next week with your long to-do list...i remember the days of wedding planning...it's a real time suck, but will seriously be so worth it on your wedding day when you get to see your vision come to life. one of the coolest things ever.

hope you get some rest so your ready for that list!

marisa said...

I cannot wait to see them! Good luck with your week! Let me know if you need some help/moral support for anything during your crazy week :)

chelsea rebecca said...

glad i stumbled upon your site! it is so adorable! and i love your pictures! can't wait to follow your story to you wedding and beyond!
xo

the southern hostess said...

Such a fun blog! You two are adorable!

Unknown said...

lauren: thanks so much! and thank you for reminding me that all of this hard work will pay off. i so often forget in times of stress! i appreciate it. :)

marisa: i'm excited for you to see them! thank you for being such an awesome and encouraging bridesmaid, i am SO thankful to you. you're a great friend.
p.s. i had a lot of fun on our double date last night!

chelsea: thank you! i will definitely check out your blog! :)

the southern hostess: you're so sweet, thank you! i will be checking out your blog as well :)

janel. said...

you to are the cutest ever!! I am soooo glad that I found your blog! What a great story you two have.
love love
janel

Gray Skies said...

You have a charming blog! I just discovered it. I'm uber-jealous that you work at Anthro! That's like my dream job. Except I'd probably spend all my money there.

Good luck with the wedding planning!

iheartkiwi said...

you had me at thai tofu pizza!

kiwi and i got married in november... good luck with the wedding planning. it is all totally worth it!

your blog is downright adorable!

Unknown said...

Miss Wanderlust: thank you!! that is so very sweet and kind of you! totally gonna check out your blog too.

Stacey: thank you :) i love my job and when i first started it was extremely difficult not to spend all of my money, but after a while you develop a willpower to not spend like crazy.

iheartkiwi: that pizza is delicious. it's spicy and yummy. i love the tomato basil one, that's my fave. and thank you for the compliment and encouragement! it is very much appreciated.

i will definitely be checking out all of your blogs!!

LittleGreenThread said...

I know this post is like...a year old, but I am new to your blog so I just found it. Just wanted to say, I think you two are the cutest little couple ever.

Unknown said...

You are SO sweet!! Thank you so much :-D