Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Sneak Peak

The bridal shower on Sunday went absolutely swimmingly. I thought it turned out pretty fabulous. My mom, my sister and future in-laws did SO much. My bridesmaids also helped a lot and did such an amazing job serving tea and sandwiches and making sure that everything and everyone was taken care of. I am SO grateful to each and every one of them!


I was so blown away by how many people came and by all the amazing gifts I received. I didn't expect even half of it! It was so special to have my friends and family from different aspects of my life in one room. I even got to connect with an old friend, as well as her sister and her mom, who I haven't seen in years. It was just so wonderful to see them again and to be able to share this new chapter in my life.


I am so happy with how the day turned out. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and have a blast. There was so much delicious food and scrumptious cupcakes and cake balls! So many said it was the best shower they'd ever been to. I just wanted everyone to have a fun-filled day and not feel like they were at another ordinary shower with too many silly games and just go through the motions of another typical shower. (Can you tell I'm not a fan of bridal/baby showers?)
~
But in all seriousness, that day made me realize a few very important things:


1. I have changed very much over the last few years. Some even said that I don't even seem like the same person (in a good way). I paused to take note of the fact that I am truly becoming an adult, and not just a "young woman", but a real woman.


2. I am so thankful for all of the love and support that surrounds me. It was such a gift to be able to see all those women who love me and are truly happy for me. 


3. It made me understand on another level how big this is. My life is changing drastically and it's changing fast. I have re-evaluated why I am marrying David. New revelations have been surfacing and it has strengthened my love for him so deeply.
~
All in all, I would say that the day was most definitely a success. I had a genuinely fantastic time and I hope that so many others there did as well.


One of my bridesmaids, the lovely Marisa, was kind enough to take photos of the event. She is away at Sundance right now, but when she gets back I'll have the photos to complete part two of this entry. In the meantime, I snapped a few shots of some of the decorations and I am pleased to give you all a sneak peak of the day.


My mom made all of the bird's nests






























Letter mugs from Anthropologie, of course.


These are the GORGEOUS swans made by the visual team at Anthro (Kacie, Nikki and Melissa) who so graciously, kindly and lovingly let me borrow them for the shower. I couldn't be more thankful to those talented ladies whom I love.


















Aren't they absolutely amazing? I adore them. So many ladies commented on how beautiful they were.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

I'm so happy for you. <3!

Unknown said...

Awww, thank you Court!! That really means so much <3

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

i forgot you and marisa were friends!

the decor is absolutely stunning. so fun and unique. i definitely haven't seen anything like it, which is definitely a good thing. and i ♥ the flowers in the letter mugs. genius.

Jaeveberry said...

Wow, the decor! How lovely & unique! Congrats on finding the love of your life :)

MaryBeth Houlihan said...

that was such a nice post! with my shower coming up i can only hope that i have such great perspective as you do!

Unknown said...

my name is lauren: haha, yeah. it gets confusing at work, too because ever since she started working there so many people have been like, "wow you and marisa became friends so fast" and i'm like, "oh no, we've been friends for years."

thank you! i'm so glad you like the decor. i basically told my mom i wanted it to be peppermint themed, tea cups, birdies/nests and wintery, haha.

Jaeve + Things: thank you so much!! <3

MaryBeth: awww, thank you! when is your shower?!