Monday, October 18, 2010

feathers

Last night during my regular Bible reading I read a couple of verses that totally reminded me of one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite plays/films (Doubt was originally written for the stage).


This is the scene:


And this is the verse that reminded me of this amazing scene:
Proverbs 25: 18-19
"Telling lies about others is as harmful as hitting them with an ax, wounding them with a sword, or shooting them with a sharp arrow. Putting confidence in an unreliable person in times of trouble is like chewing with a broken tooth or walking on a lame foot."

How gorgeous is that scene??!! The way it was shot, the subtlety of the actors that speaks volumes (Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman, I mean come on, right?) and the writing?! Ahhh, it's just so powerful, as is the verse. Powerful and full of wisdom and truth.

No comments: