Saturday, October 23, 2010

the patch

The October right before David and I started dating, our friend Nicole, myself and Dave went to the Pumpkin Patch in Long Beach for some pumpkins to carve. After we picked them out and went back to my house we cleaned 'em up and baked the seeds... which ended up becoming burnt. Later the three of us carved our pumpkins and watched Halloween.

That night will always be one of my first memories of Dave and I that I look back on and laugh at. It was a pretty hilarious and fun night.

Here is some evidence:

How appropriate is the title of that second video? If we only knew...

Last night Dave and I went back to the pumpkin patch, got our pumpkins, went home, carved our pumpkins and watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and Charlie Brown's Halloween special.

Dave and I talked about how fun it'll be to take our little kids to the same pumpkin patch, let them pet the goats and how fun it'll be to tease them by saying they can't ride any rides, but let them ride them anyway. We had such a great night and I'm hoping we'll continue this Halloween tradition.















 Dave's pumpkin
 My pumpkin
 and it's already falling apart :(


3 comments:

Kacie said...

i love your (falling apart) hootie pumpkin!

Kasey Lynne said...

WOW! That pumpkin patch has alot of fun stuff going on! Which one did you guys go to?

And you two have some SERIOUS pumpkin carving skills!

Unknown said...

Thanks!! I'll tell Dave because he always thinks he's bad at carving pumpkins, haha.

We went to the one on PCH near 2nd street across from the Mimi's Cafe and Whole Foods.