Friday, December 17, 2010

camera and christmas cards

Recently I bought myself a camera with the money from my bonus check (and a little from my mom and gift cards) and I've been snap happy lately. I've taken so many pictures of Bogart (my favorite subject) that when I was showing my mom what my new camera can do she said, "Wow. He's such a king."


(And when I showed my MIL at a separate time she said, "What a prince!")


But I've also taken some pretty shots of my old neighborhood (aka my mom's neighborhood). They aren't real fancy and I have yet to get myself photoshop or LR or something (if anyone can help a sister out in that dept. let me know!) to make the photos look even better, but they turned out kinda nice...


this is the tree i look forward to seeing every Christmas



and this is the park where i have spent many a day riding my bike past
or spending hours reading on its grass













I've also been hard at work on our Christmas cards and they are taking up a lot more time and effort than I anticipated to begin with, which is usually the case for everything as far as I'm concerned, but I've been cranking them out pretty fast compared to what it might normally take me (I'm a perfectionist). The little details, though still important to me, aren't such a huge deal 'cause I thought they'd be in the mail by now, but... they will be. soon. i hope.


But it's really okay because Inception, hot chocolate, The Book of Eli & cinnamon scented candles have been getting me through it. :)













Christmas is so close!!

9 comments:

Kacie said...

Andrea!!!!!! Your pictures are gorgeous!! You have such an eye for it!

LittleGreenThread said...

These pictures are really good! I especially like the one of the tree with the Christmas ornaments. I saw a tree decorated like that on our way to church last Sunday and thought, oh! I should do that. I haven't :) But it's cute!

Unknown said...

Hey thanks ladies!!

I've actually been passionate about photography for many years now, but it's taken me a while to get into the digital age and lingo. I used to take photos with my dad's old Canon he left to me, and I also got really into lomography, but going analog gets expensive with film and developing so I kinda let it go for a while. My dad was an avid photographer, so I think that's where I get my love for it from.

I actually really want to take a digital photography class cause I feel like I'm totally clueless!

As for the tree, you should TOTALLY do it. I'm sure it's a lot of work, but I would probably cry if the owners of that house ever stop decorating it every year!

Jayne said...

Your cards look as though they are going to be works of ART..This comes as NO surprise though... :) Did you get the card I sent? <3!

Diana Smith said...

I love the pictures you have taken!! They are so crisp and clear and just vibrant! What camera did you get? I have a canon and its such a great investment, we have definitely gotten our moneys worth and I want to upgrade so bad! But last of $$ sucks!! Your christmas cards look so fun too!

erin m. said...

I love photography too. Your photos are beautiful. I have wanted to take a class too! I still hope to, maybe within the next couple years!

Livin La Vida Loca said...

I love your blog! I've only gotten to read a few but they are funny and you're already inspiring me in a few different areas :) Hope to hang soon when you have the time. Moving to Lakewood in January so I'm excited about being closer to my peeps :)

marisa said...

Dani has LR! I'll have him bring it for you next time we see you!

Also, I miss you! <3

Unknown said...

Court: awwww you are too kind, too kind! I got your card today actually and i loooooooooove it! SO FREAKING ADORABLE. <3

Diana: thank you so much!! I got a Canon as well. my hubs has a Nikon and though I like it, I think I'm partial to Canons.

Erin: thank you! do they offer classes in Oregon, or would you wait until after you graduated?

Amber: I would LOVE to hang out soon. Maybe sometime after the holidays? I hope you and Josiah are doing well!

Marisa: that'd be so rad! Thanks! miss you too :)