Thursday, February 17, 2011

Slideshow #1

I finished the last slideshow last night!
And then I made the DVD menu this morning!
And then I burned them onto discs to hand out to family!


(Can you tell I feel excited/relieved/accomplished??)


Yup.


So after finishing up all of that in my down time* I still have to make the labels for the discs and covers, but that should be simple enough, right?


*I say down time because I really do feel pretty down today. I've been way more tired than usual, light headed, dizzy when I get up (I even cancelled my workout sesh with Lauren, which I was looking forward to), and to top it all off, I ran out of my heartburn medication and my chest has been ON FIRE all day long. Thankfully David saved the day and swooped in after work with some pills and I was on my way to feeling a little better.


And after some time of troubleshooting uploading to Vimeo, I've finally figured it out and can present you with slideshow number one (whether you want to see it or not).


So I give you...


Our honeymoon...


In Ireland, the greenest place on earth and my adopted home away from home.


p.s. please press play and then pause to let the video load a little before watching :)

Honeymoon: Ireland from Andrea Carpenter-Heffernan on Vimeo.
Slideshow with music of my honeymoon in Ireland with my husband, David.

Music credits:
Lisa Hannigan
and
The Irish Folk



I worked pretty hard on these so I really hope you enjoyed!

15 comments:

Diana Smith said...

Yay so happy for you that you finished it! It's such a beautiful video! I bet you and David want to go as soon as you can! What fun memories of your time together!

Liesl said...

Watching your lovely slideshow now and loving it so far...fabulous effects to your pictures! Ireland is on my list of places to visit and it looks beautiful! Great song choice too!

Liesl :)

Liesl said...

P.S. OK, I just finished the whole things...BEAUTIFUL!!! What filters or actions did you use on your lovely pictures? So, so pretty!!! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking me on such a splendid little 2am vacay. Stunning! Just stunning! Can't wait for more!

kacie said...

i'm so glad you finished it!!!!! but i'm bummed you're not feeling well... you best start feeling better.. you have a busy couple months ahead of you! :)

beautiful!! ireland, i've always thought, was touched by angels (not the show)... its heavenly and everyone i know who goes there leaves a little bit of their hear there..

my speakers aren't working, so i will most definitely watch this again after work :)

you done good kid :)

Unknown said...

Diana: Thaaaanks! yes I am so releived it's done and yes we really want to go back asap (especially me).

Liesl: Thank you, my dear!! Well, I used some presets on Lr3 and then tweaked them, so I can't say what I did for each photo as I can't remember, but Lr3 is awesome. I'm really happy you liked it! Thank you for watching.

Courtney: Thank YOU! I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

Kacie: I'm feeling better than I was yesterday, thank you!

I certainly left my heart in Ireland and definitely brought a piece of it home with me.

You HAVE to watch it with the music! It makes the video!

karly from [kar[+]wade] said...

beautiful! :] looks so romantic/fun!

Kacie said...

i finally watched it with sound...

perfect :)

Unknown said...

Karly: Thank you! It was definitely dreamlike :)

Kacie: YAY!! I'm stoked you were into it.

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh INCREDIBLE!! Sigh...
Someday I hope to get to Ireland!!
Perfect honeymoon :)

Unknown said...

Courtney B: I'm so happy you enjoyed my little slideshow!

Unknown said...

To all: Watch out for my next slideshow due this week (I can only upload one HD video a week to Vimeo).

You'll be looking at London with The Beatles :)
Love,
Andrea

Liesl said...

P.S. Thank you so much for those tips on your beautiful pictures! :)

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

Liesl: No worries!!

Unknown said...

Errr, that was me haha