Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

How many of you watched the Royal Wedding??

I had planned to maybe stay up and watch it, but since I'm still feeling sick (and worse than I was on Tuesday) I decided to give in to my need for ibuprofen and Vick's and I went to bed. I did record it, OF COURSE so that I could catch up on it all this morning. I remember when I was a little girl my mom had recorded (on VHS) Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding and we would watch it every now and then. The reason I think that this whole wedding is such a huge deal is because it is a part of history and I remember as a little girl knowing what an impact that wedding had and I remember so many details about Princess Diana's life. It's probably because my mom was always a fan and at times actually looked like Princess Di.

To my extreme surprise, my mom of all people, actually woke up at 1am and watched the ENTIRE thing live. I couldn't believe it when she told me, not because I doubt it, but I just never thought she would wake up just to watch it!

Anyway, I adored Kate's dress. It was very reminiscent of Grace Kelly and I was very pleased to hear that the designer was Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. She looked stunning.

I thought I'd share a few photos I found here at make life more pink that I thought were breathtaking.









6 comments:

Jenn said...

Have you seen her second dress? Also lovely. Loved every second.

Unknown said...

NO I HAVEN'T!! I need to google that right now.

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie. I hope you feel better soon:-)

I didn't watch the wedding. I don't watch a lot of tv and I really didn't know it was today until I woke up and saw it everywhere I went. I know...I'm out of the loop. But now that I have seen pictures and given it some thought I really want to watch it with my 4 year old daughter. It's a real life princess story. She will love it and I look forward to sharing that with her:-)

Loves her dress. So whimsical and romantic.

Take care friend

Unknown said...

Melissa: You should definitely watch it with your daughter. I remember watching Princess Di and Prince Charle's wedding with my mom and it was so special. You'll be making great memories with your little one!!

Jenn: I love the second dress. Very simple and elegant, but I still love the first more!

Derrina x said...

It was a beautiful, beautiful day - I was so proud to be British yesterday! :)
http://derrinadiamonds.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I loved everything about the wedding!!
She was so gorgeous and that dress?! WOWZA!
She's just divine & it is a real life princess story, so beautiful and so dreamy...
I had no idea about the second dress either :: I heart GOOGLE!
xx Stace