Thursday, September 8, 2011

i did it.


Today was my last day of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

I skipped the last two Sundays because both of those days were just way too busy to even think about SHREDDING, so instead I added an extra two days to the 30 days just to make sure I completed it.

I was a little disappointed in myself that I didn't do it straight through, but the feeling of accomplishment in finishing this grueling workout regiment far outweighs that little disappointment.

I've never felt stronger. 

I can do things now I never imagined I could.
My legs have never been stronger, my abs have never felt like this before, my arms can carry my weight, I can now do "full on Rocky-style sit ups", lunges are now ridiculously easy, my calves have never been so defined in my life, my shoulders are taking shape.

And I never thought that I'd be more proud of the fact that I'm stronger, with weight loss being just a bonus rather than the main goal.

I mean, I'm not gonna lie, weight loss has always been the focus, but now that I see what I'm made of and what I'm capable of, it has shifted my point of view a little.

I may not have lost anything according to Dub Dub, but I know that I have because my clothes either fit me now or are getting too big for me.

I'm going to keep exercising. I'm starting Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism this week, so I'm not quitting, but I'm just so proud of the fact that I stuck with this thing and saw it through.

I did it.

9 comments:

Liesl said...

Woo Hoo!!! Go you...and how fabulous that you have never felt stronger! Yippeee! :) Good luck with her metabolism boost this week...you can do it!

Liesl :)

arielle elise. said...

so awesome! i need to get back to exercising and pushing myself. also, i LOVE your new blog design!

Caitlin said...

Congratulations! So happy for you lady, what a great achievement.

Megan and Justin said...

that is amazing! u go girl!

Katy said...

WAY TO GO!!!! :-) i need some motivation to work out..... blaaahhh

Megane said...

you are awesome!! congrats!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

That's so awesome, i am very impressed!

M.R. said...

that awesome!

i am jealous-you must feel so great!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

♥ CheChe said...

how exciting!
i love this.
I want to do it with you girl.
lol

♥cheche

savedthrulove.blogspot.com