Friday, January 13, 2012

films friday // pride and prejudice


Pride & Prejudice

I honestly have yet to meet a girl or woman who has admitted to not loving anything to do with Jane Austen. Some are BBC film adaptation purists, and some, like me, are more feature film lovers of Austen adaptations.

I must admit that I'm not the biggest of Keira Knightly's fans. In fact, before I saw this version of P&P, I couldn't stand to watch her. The way she moves her mouth and jaw aways irked me and I could never get beyond it to let myself forget I was watching Keira Knightly instead of one of her characters. It made it really difficult for me to believe her.

But Miss Bennet...

Knightly's Miss Bennet stole my heart. I felt I knew her.

But then again so many young women believe they are a version of Miss Bennet. Feminist for her time. Stubbornly devoted to her beliefs, yet secretly dreaming of love.

There really isn't much at all I don't like about this film.

In fact, there are moments so perfect I can't help but watch over and over. Like this scene. And this, this moment slays me.

Just lovely.

3 comments:

Lai Yen Yi said...

Just want to say HELLO!
Just found your blog and really enjoy reading it!
Plus, your wedding video is awesome by the way...
P.S I use grooveshark to share music too!

Wish you have a great life then. xoxo

Unknown said...

Lai: thank you so much!! xoxo

Kasey Lynne said...

This is in my top five.

The scene where they she walks in the field at dawn...and he's walking towards her...oh my gosh. It makes me wants to die. So beautiful.