Friday, May 11, 2012

films friday.


This film... gah! this film. I am a bit oddly obsessed with the Civil War era and with bluegrass music, so when I saw this film in the theaters, I about died. I have yet to read the book, but it's actually next on my list to read. (Side note: I recently finished reading a book set in the Civil War called Noble Cause that I really enjoyed. I really can't get enough of this era: the music, the clothes, the photos... I love it all.)

Incidentally, the soundtrack to this film is one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

If you haven't seen this film, you should. It's a pretty good one with a lot of great actors. I really think that it's Renee Zellweger's best performance to date. There are SO MANY great actors in this film. I can't even begin to name them all. Among them is one of my favorites EVER: Philip Seymour Hoffman. I love that man. Anything he touches is gold.

No comments: