Thursday, August 9, 2012

classic pesto.

first of all, i want to thank everyone who responded to my previous post, whether on blogger, facebook or through email. it's so encouraging to know that i'm not the only one who has had those same feelings or has struggled to understand something that everyone else seems to completely comprehend. so thank you, i appreciate you all.

last night i was in the mood for pesto and so i just whipped it up... well, that's sort of a lie. since my food processor is all packed up i had to do it the old fashioned way, which is a lot more time consuming. it was worth it. i spread it over brown rice pasta and grilled chicken. it was delicious and my fingers still smell of garlic, and i'm okay with that. plus it reminded me of this beautiful little video that i thought i'd share with you all.


the only difference i made in my pesto is that i toasted the pine nuts, which to me is a necessity. it makes a huge difference, in my humble opinion.

4 comments:

BronsonBloopers said...

Your homemade pesto sounds divine with brown rice pasta, grilled chicken, and toasted pine nuts. I think I will go make dinner now, I'm feeling hungry haha

http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

I am a pesto fanatic. That video is beautiful and very inspiring! Thanks for sharing it. I'll be making pesto later today! :)

Kasey Lynne said...

I'm obsessed with anything pesto, so I will definitely be doing this asap. I've never had it with brown rice though...sounds delicious.

Unknown said...

hey kasey!
i actually made it with brown rice pasta. you can find it at trader joe's! it tastes just like regular pasta, but is better for you :)