Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How do you say "flu" in French?

I'm a sick one today. Well, I have been for the last few days, actually. I've mainly been feeling extremely exhausted for no apparent reason. I get plenty of sleep and then during the day I will feel as though I could just pass out and go to sleep and for the last couple of days I've done just that. I think maybe I have the flu?

On Sunday, as David and I were driving around Belmont Heights, Alamitos Heights and Belmont Shore looking at the houses and daydreaming, I struggled to keep my eyes open. Then yesterday at
work I was sent home early, came home and took a two hour nap, which didn't really help all that much.

Ah, well, at least I don't have to work today. I'm just going to relax, continue watching Amélie and maybe dive into my first lesson of French. Since one of our honeymoon stops will be Paris, I am re-learning French with Rosetta Stone.



I'm really excited for our honeymoon. David has never been to Europe before and I think going back for me, with him, will be the best time I've had there. We are planning to go to Ireland first (I have never been there, and I'm Irish!), then on to England, France and finally make our way down to Italy. We can get by in Italy without speaking the language, but I know we'd be totally lost in France without someone fluent in French. So here I am, taking it again. Hopefully it will stick this time.

No comments: