Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lisa's Last Day

Today was the day. The last day of work for Lisa. I was only there with her for the last two hours of my shift, and when it came time for me to leave and say goodbye, the tears just welled up and I had to just leave immediately after I said my farewells. I made sure she didn't forget her present from me which were these two gems I knew she liked:



I later received a lovely text from her promising this would not be goodbye forever, which I already knew, I'm just terrible at these kinds of things. A deal was struck that she'd write all of her stories from school and moving to a new city in her new journal if I came to visit her in Portland, which I think is a great deal (if you ask me). 

Lisa will be missed by every one of us at Anthro. She is hilarious, thoughtful, genuine and kind. It won't be the same without her.



Happy travels, my dear!

No comments: