Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Obsessing over PB & J's

For the past two days I have made a peanut butter and boysenberry jam sandwich for lunch at work and it has been deeeelightful. I haven't had pb & j's since I was a kid and it's about time! They're not even that high in calories, especially if you use wheat bread and a reduced fat peanut butter.

Normally I would go for chunky, but I didn't have any so I used my mom's creamy kind and it was still delicious. I've also noticed that I'm not nearly as hungry when I get off work since I've had peanut butter (does protein = a lasting fullness?). Before this week, I don't think I've ever taken anything but oatmeal, or a spinach salad, or a turkey sandwich to work for lunch. My staple is oatmeal, so much so that Kacie thought that was all I ever ate and was practically flabbergasted when she saw me eating a salad one day during my break.

It's not like discovering fire, but I'm so stoked that I found something new to eat when I'm in a jam (pun unintended) or crunched for time. I think pb and j's are gonna be a staple in my new household.


No comments: