Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful on Paper: Week One

This is the first week of being thankful on paper and I am so excited to show my thankfulness to the four people I chose to honor this month. I can't wait for them to get their notes in the mail!

The first card I sent was to my dear friend, (and colorist) Alli Byrne.

Ever since I met Alli when we had our first of many wedding hair consultations I knew we would be friends. Not only did we work together on creating the perfect hair for my big day, but most importantly, we worked together on becoming friends.

She is like a ray of sunshine, she just lights up your day. It is always such a great day when I get to be in Alli's chair and over the past few months she has been such an inspiration and such a support to me during some very difficult times.

I have learned that it is very hard to find people who are genuine, loyal, honest, loving, caring and giving. During a time when it felt like a few of my "friends" were dropping like flies, especially during a heartbreaking season, Alli was there to listen to me and encourage me. She is one of those rare friends who loves unconditionally and gently encourages you to be a better person, all while making you laugh, sometimes through your tears.

In the past two years I have prayed that God would bring friends into my life that exemplify the kind of spiritual friendships He wants for me. I know that it is no coincidence that Alli was sent to me. The Lord brought her to me in such a unique way and I am so thankful for that. He knew that I would be going through some rough times and that some of my closest "friends" would not be there for me the way I needed, or at all, and He placed Alli in my path at the perfect time to not only fill that void and give me what I needed at the time (in so many ways), but to become a very special and true friend.

I don't always see Alli all that often and we don't hang out constantly, but I have learned that sometimes those friends are the ones who become your best and lifelong friends. Those kinds of friendships are sometimes a slow process that produce trust, maturity and longevity. I hope that we continue to grow our friendship and that I can always be there for her the way that she has been there for me.

I am so thankful for her kindness, love, encouragment, sympathy, loyalty, understanding and generosity. She truly is a wonderful woman and I am so blessed to have her as a great friend and sister in Christ.

 

8 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

delightful friendship! thanks for sharing.
{love your blog--my name is "wifey" too!}

erin m. said...

This was so sweet. God is so good to bless us with such amazing people. I am glad He sent you Alli. What a wonderful post

Shell in your Pocket said...

What amazing pictures!

sandy toe

Lady Grey said...

What a sweet post! It's so important to be grateful for the lovely people in our lives.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful friend and blessing you have in Alli. I love your writing style and your blog and I can't wait for your next installment. :-)

Sarah said...

It is really hard to find really true and great friends that stick by no matter what.
What a wonderful blessing to have such a great friend in your life!! Thanks for sharing this :)

richelle jean said...

this is sweet. :) as are the photos.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much ladies!! I'm glad we're all participating in this :-D