Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hold the phone. Are we really talking babies??

The past few days have been kind of crazy and totally mellow at the same time. I know, weird, right? 

On Friday... or was it Saturday? I can't remember. Both of my nieces went to their winter formal and asked me to do their makeup for the event. It was great to be there for my girlies and to make them feel pretty. <3<3

Makenna in the purple & Savanna in the white

On Sunday Dave and I went to my mom's house and I cooked dinner as a belated birthday gift to Jeff (my mom's bf). I made apricot & almond stuffed pork chops with cornbread stuffing and baked an apple galette. I'll have to add the photos of the dinner later. It all turned out pretty delicious (and on time thanks to my mom's help), but I had a stomach ache for two days because I don't really eat meat that often and a whole pork chop just did not sit well with me. It reminded me of it's presence all throughout that night.

Last night Dave and I went out on a date for Sushi at Ra and saw Due Date. I am a huge Zach Galifianakis fan. Ever since my friend, Nicole, showed me one of his stand up routines on YouTube a few years ago, I totally fell in love. Needless to say, I pretty much laughed for two hours.

I also stopped by at Anthro to see some of my friends who still work there. I hadn't seen them in so long and it was so wonderful to catch up and just see all of their smiling, lovely faces. I miss all of my friends at Anthro like CRAZY. It was such a treat to see a few of those ladies. I'm definitely going to visit them more often.

~

On a complete and total unrelated note, I have been thinking a lot about... duh duh DUUUUUN... babies. Yes, Kim and mom, you read that right, babies. The reason it's odd for me to be admitting this is because there was definitely a time in my life when I swore I would not have any children. I also thought I'd never get married (as did my mom) and look how that turned out.

Here's the thing: I'm going to be 27 in January, I haven't been married even a year and though I really want Dave and I to have our time as a family of two for a while before we expand that number (like 2 or 3 more years) I can't help the natural direction, or should I say unnatural... for me, that my heart is just leading me. I never thought about what age I should be when I start having children, because I suppose I didn't feel it mattered.

That is until Dave and I started talking about it. From the beginning Dave made it clear that he didn't want to start having kids too late. He wanted to be a young dad. Before we got married he made his case on why having kids younger is a better idea. I certainly did NOT latch onto his way of thinking quickly. In fact, now that we're married and living in a less than desirable neighborhood, he is dead set on not having kids until we buy a house. And who knows how long that will take.

Now that Dave wants to wait, I'm starting to think he may have been right before. If we wait 3 years to get pregnant, I will be 30 by then. We are hoping to have 2 or 3 kids. That gives me a small window of time to pump out some rugrats (juuuuust kidding). Geez, I feel like Mona Lisa Vito stomping my boots and declaring, "My clock is tickin'-like-this!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hoping to get pregnant anytime soon, but come on you gotta think about these things. We even know what gender we're hoping for for each child and in what order as well as what their names will be. I'm not going to reveal the genders we're hoping for or their names, because honestly, I am really not a fan of being copied in any way, especially when it comes to something so sensitive as what you name your child. Buuuuuuuuuut, I will reveal their initials.

Baby # 1 
 JRH

Baby # 2 
WDH

Baby # 3 
ACH 
or
ABH

The first baby's name was decided before Dave and I even got engaged. The second baby's name was decided just a couple of weeks ago and the third baby's first name was decided by me a long time ago and it has thankfully grown on Dave, the middle name is something we've been talking about lately so, like all of these names, it might change. I'm pretty dead set on baby name # 1, though.

We obviously realize that you just cannot control the gender your child will be, but we can still hope and pray, right?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

They have beautiful smiles :))

Kacie said...

girlfriend. we are kindred spirits. so much in common! i now exactly how you feel, only i'm 22 (ALMOST 23!!)

i know you read before my struggle with waiting to have children. its more than i ever thought i would deal with.

i do, however, love dreaming about meeting my babies and saying their names over and over and over again. i dream about who will be first and who will be last. which ones will be close and which ones will be independent.
we've settled on 4... 4 is a nice round number. we definitely know what gender we want first, second, third and fourth :) controlling? i don't think so, just imaginative. we'll be happy with whatever.
our initials are...

JDD
OSD
GRD
LJD

:)

we need to get together soon. and perhaps.. go to anthro :) (i need more knobs for our new house anyway!)

love you!

Jayne said...

Ohhh, babies! How I adore them. You and Dave will have gorg bebes! But I'm warning you:

You have started a train you cannot stop. You are officially on the BabyTrain. There is no turning back! Haha.

PS. I totally want another baby. Like NOW. Yes, I probably have lost my mind, but I'm turning 30 in 4 months and my health isn't exactly stellar, so I am ready to get back on the damn train!!! LOL. Unfortunately, my life says NAY. sigh.

Unknown said...

Thanks (Sweet) Stephanie! That was, well, so sweet of you! ;)

Kacie: I truly believe we are kindreds. And I don't think it really matters all that much how old you are when you feel the things you feel. It's really a natural progression that you go through when you find the person you realize you can't NOT have lots of babies with! And honestly, if I hadn't of known how old you really are, I would never have guessed you are only almost 23. Seriously! You are so mature and wise beyond your years. Maybe if we're lucky we'll start having kids at around the same time! Wouldn't that be fun??

And yes, we really do need to hang out soon AND go to Anthro. If only I still had my discout :(

Court: Ohhhhhh, the baby train. Hahaha, I guess I am on it! Even if the train goes slow, I think it's official. I've jumped on.

I know that you don't think it's a great time for you guys to start procreating again, but if it's what God wants, He'll make it work!

I'm confident he has a plan for you and I'm sure another little one is in that plan ;)



I LOVE YOU GIRLS!!