Tuesday, November 2, 2010

'Tis the season


It is now November and Thanksgiving is quickly creeping around the corner. The thing I have always loved most about Thanksgiving is that it signifies the beginning of Christmas lights, music and trees. And who doesn't love Christmas and the holiday season?

The other part about Thanksgiving that I love (besides my mom's creamed corn that comes out only once a year), especially now that I've gotten older, is the feeling of thankfulness for those around me.

So when I found out about Rachel's "Be Thankful On Paper This Thanksgiving" project on her blog, I immediately felt the urge to join in. What I love about this project is how it gives us the opportunity to talk about someone else on our blog instead of just ourselves. Unfortunately for most people a blog consists of "me, me, me" 24/7, and that isn't something I aspire to project on my blog constantly.

The most important thing about this project is the opportunity to be thankful to someone, and to be able to do so publicly and give them credit for being such a wonderful influence in your life.

So without further ado, here is how you can join in...

*The 4 Wednesdays (beginning on Nov 3rd), leading up to Thanksgiving, I'm going to write one person and tell them I am thankful for them and why. I will send it to them them that day (or drop it off at their house) and hopefully express to them how much I care for them and how grateful I am that they are in my life. I would love you to do the same.
*The 4 Thursdays (beginning on Nov 4th), leading up to Thanksgiving, I will write a simple blog post about who I wrote to and why. On those Thursdays, I would love for you to join me and write a post. I will link to each of your blogs on that Thursday so that others can visit your site and be inspired. (I am potentially going to do a LINKY, but might just do it myself as well, not sure). If the person is someone you would like to keep private, that is also fine. You can opt out that week or write a general post keeping it private, but sharing some sentiment of Thankfulness.
*It's as easy as that!


For more information on how to join, please check out Rachel's blog post all about the project here.

I hope you all can join me on this! Hurry because this starts tomorrow :)

4 comments:

Liesl said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea and have always thought that Thank You's in the form of notes is a must and lovely thing!

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

You are simply grand.
And I hope you don't mind that I found/stalked you on FaceBook.

Unknown said...

Liesl: I totally agree! I have always preferred getting something in the mail as opposed to an email or text.

Rachel: I don't mind at all! I'm happy you found me :) AAANND I'm so excited to participate in this project!

Amy G. said...

I LOVE this idea!