Friday, December 3, 2010

a few of my favorite things lately

It's my 100th post today! 

I probably wouldn't have even noticed my number of posts had it not been brought to my attention by Kacie recently with her 200th post post, so thank you for bringing it to my attention without even realizing it Kacie! <3
p.s. I need to catch up with you, haha :)

There are a few things I've been really into lately.

It's been pretty cold out 
and I am loving & celebrating it 
by lighting the fireplace, 
which fascinates Bogart to no end.




And when there's a fireplace, 
there's gotta be some roasting of marshmallows 
and possibly making s'mores. 
I'm not a fan of Hershey's chocolate at all,
which means when I make s'mores it is usually sans chocolate,
but the other night I thought,
"Why not use a piece of my Godiva dark chocolate with raspberry??" 
and oh boy was it yummy!



If I'm not having a s'more, 
I'm having a cup of diet hot chocolate 
and, of course, marshmallows 
(I've been really into chocolate lately).



I looooooooove sweet potatoes 
(or yams, whatever you want to call them, I'm still confused) 
and my favorite version is spicy sweet potato baked fries. 
Delish.



And berries. I adore berries of all kinds. 
This week it's blueberries and blackberries.




Bogart in a festive hat. 
He hated the hat and fought it off immediately after Dave sat him down 
(there's proof below), but he looked so adorable!



And my most favorite thing of all: my David and his cute little texts.

This video is of Bogart desperately trying to tear off his hat. 
The first 20 seconds are pretty boring, so you can skip it, 
but after that it gets pretty funny. 
He goes nuts! 
Also, at the end it looks like I kick him, but I don't. 
I gently nudged him with my foot for scratching at the carpet 
and he jumped back a little. 
Don't worry, I'm not a cruel mommy!

6 comments:

Liesl said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Woo Hoo!!! Loved all your pictures and that text from David...too cute!

Liesl :)

erin m. said...

I have been all about blackberries and blueberries this week too! I love fresh berries, they are my favorite food! Yumm :)

Anonymous said...

Weeeee!! 100th. Congrats An...a few of your favourite things happen to be a few of mine at the moment as well. To add a few, I'm loving the radiators all over the house because...well, we don't light the fireplace (health code red tape jargon :( )

also I'm loving my Hunter Wellington boots + O'Hannlon's boots socks and camp socks! so cute, comfy and right for the snowy cold weather.

Missing you as ever...

xx
MarMar

Vintage Noli said...

congratulations to your 1ooth post!!
i love your blog!

have a beautiful weekend!
vintage noli

No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane said...

i love that the name of your cat is Bogart!!

Unknown said...

Liesl: Thanks!! I think Daveycakes is a sweetheart and I love his texts too!

Erin: Me too!! I could seriously eat berries all day long.

Amara!!! It's gotta be so agonizing not being able to light fires when you have a fireplace AND when you're in snowy England! You seriously need to school me on how to be a cute-as-a-button resident of fashion forward London.

I miss you so much it hurts. Every day I miss you and think about you. It's so lonely here without my MarMar and I can't wait to see you again someday!

I love you! <3

Vintage Noli: I love you're blog too! You are SO adorable!

Rachel: Thanks! I agonized over his name because I never got to name any of my other pets. My family always vetoed my decisions on names, especially my mom, so when Dave gave me a kitty for Christmas I was like, "This time I get to name this one!"

My other choices were Edgar (after my favorite poet, Poe), Edward, and Lincoln (after Abe Lincoln). Bogart just seemed to fit the best and he's TOTALLY a Bogart.