Monday, January 17, 2011

the end of an era

Well, almost.


Since it's beginning I have been in love with Big Love. I've followed the show since day one, I was the first person I knew of who caught onto it's brilliance and I have since turned quite a few into faithful followers, including David.


I could say OH SO MUCH about this show and it's characters, but I'll save that for when I see the very last episode of the very last season, which I'm sure won't be for a long while since I can't actually watch it while it's on the air (since "we" don't want to pay for HBO). We'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

{My favorite shot of the Henrickson's}

{My favorite shot of the sister wives}


Tonight we finished watching the fourth season (we couldn't watch it on air because last year was crazy with the wedding) and though I thought it was short and a little lackluster compared to the three previous seasons, I still enjoyed every minute of it.


I am also obsessed over the new intro. At first I was a little bummed that they changed it. Who didn't love the ice skating, Beach Boys first intro?? But I can't stop watching the new intro and listening to the song, "Home" by the Engineers.



And now that we've seen the fourth season I am catching up on all of the season five teasers.









{Season One}

{Season Two}

{Season Three}

{Season Four}

{Season Five}


If you haven't seen this spectacular series, you should definitely jump on the bandwagon.

10 comments:

BeautifulMixedOne said...

OH em Gee. I heart BIG LOVE too. So many people thought I was weird (including my boyfriend) for being interested in a show about polygamy.... but I never let that get the best of me. I have turned my boyfriend into a fellow fan and I just cant get enough. I am sad this is going to be the final season but I wont spoil anything for you but when you finish watching this season we definitely have to go over all your thoughts about the whole series :)

Jayne said...

I desperately want to watch this show, but have yet to get the chance! Ahhh!
BTW, I totally need help on the blog front? A button? I can make a button? See? Help.is.needed.

Sam W. said...

i've never seen it... but perhaps it needs to go on the list!

Unknown said...

I have not seen the series but I will definitely have to check it out sometime! (=
~Morgan
http://livelaughspin.blogspot.com

Kacie said...

can i just tell you how much i love that you typed.. "we" ..

oh the joys of marriage :)

(ps.. after dexter, were starting this)
(pss.. start watching dexter..)

Unknown said...

Danielle: Yes! It's just one of those things that if you just give it a chance it changes you! We shall discuss in the future :)

Court: You gotta get into it! You will LOVE IT. I just know. I can totally help you with you button. I'll send you a message on FB soon on how to create it.

Sam and Morgan: Get into it!

Kacie: I'm so glad you caught that! And I want to start Dexter!

Adrian said...

I feel sad for people that have never watched the show. I started from the very beginning and became obsessed. I was going to cancel HBO this year but haven't yet just because of Big Love. Episode 1 was great...it should be a fabulous last season.

Unknown said...

Adrian: I know right? People who haven't seen it are totally missing out.

Unknown said...

Yep fellow big love watcher too. Started since day 1 as well..Sad this is the last season atleast I still have True Blood :)

Unknown said...

Amanda: I never got into True Blood, is it really that good??