Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Finish losing the rest of my honeymoon weight and get this attitude* while I'm at it:




*I've been doing WW since high school. I lost 70 lbs in two years, quit the program and gained back a freshman 40 in college. My weight yo-yoed up and down all throughout college until I finally joined WW again for good my senior year and it took me 4 years to lose 50 lbs just in time for my wedding and on my honeymoon I gained just a little of it back (at this point I don't want to say how much I gained, it's not like a ton compared to what I've lost and gained over the years, but I will say that since I went back on WW in September, I've lost half of what I gained in Europe). 


It's been a real struggle to lose this honeymoon weight. I've been consistently running (2-3 miles, 3-6 times a week), following the program, but traveling and the holidays have been major set backs and it seems insane to me that it's taken me 4 months to lose half of what I gained in 4 weeks. That's TOTALLY discouraging, buuuuut...


I'm excited for the new PointsPlus program that was set in to place a couple of weeks ago (all fresh fruit is now 0 points!) and I'm still getting used to the change in points values for foods (they've gone up) and how many points I am now allotted in a day (8 more points than I'm used to), but I'm gonna give this my best effort and get back to my wedding day size as soon as possible.

8 comments:

Kacie said...

i've always wondered about WW...
i knew a couple people who did it in high school and they looked fantastic.
i'll have to pick your brain about it the enxt time i see you!

Unknown said...

I would love to talk to you about it if you're interested. It is seriously the only thing that has ever worked for me. I tried so many diets through high school (I was pretty heavy) and even in college that never ever worked. Weight Watchers changes your mindset on food and helps you to lose and maintain a healthy weight in a realistic way for the rest of your life (if you stick with it of course).

Let's chat about it soon!

Anonymous said...

You have come such a long way! Be encouraged! It has been a lifelong battle for me too as you know and I absolutely agree that it isn't until you commit yourself to overall healthy living that changes really start to happen. WW is such a great, realistic program and you really get to learn about food and health. Above all else, no matter what size you ever were Andrea you have always been beautiful inside and out. Love and hugs and Happy New Year!

Heather said...

I am with you on weight watchers. I have been on and off the program and it has been hard over the holidays for me. I am starting it seriously and full force now. I lost weight and when i fell off the wagon I eventally gained my weight back. So I am back to square one...

But it has also been the one thing that has worked for me. So i love it!

Unknown said...

JoAnna: Thank you so much for what you said. It's such a struggle and sometimes you feel so alone, but knowing that so many struggle with the same issues is a comfort and seeing others' success & failures is such an encouragement because we all go through the same things when it comes to losing and gaining. Thank you for the lovely words of encouragement!

Heather: We're in this together! I hope that you are successful with the program again (it's quite the adjustment with the new PointsPlus program, but it's supposed to be a better, more effective plan). I'll be rooting for you and I hope we both will have success stories soon!! :-D

Diana Smith said...

You look amazing though!! But I know we all have our insecurities! Ihave always wondered about WW and how it works, jennifer hudson is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Diana: you are incredibly sweet, thank you so much <3
I always tell people that if they're interested in losing weight to look no further than WW. I honestly don't understand why people knock it. I have actually never known anyone who has knocked it who was actually on the program, unless they just didn't put the effort into it. I mean, it's not a miracle diet that works even if you don't follow the program, but it seriously works if you stick with it. And there really is SO MUCH support when you attend the meetings. I have always found that I only lose & maintain my weight when I attend the meetings and keep on tracking.

AND you don't have to eat their food to lose weight! In fact, they encourage you to cook your own meals and help you when you go out to eat! It's just the best weight loss program out there, in my opinion.

Heather said...

I am rooting for you too! good luck!<3