Wednesday, January 12, 2011

White Christmas

I've been avoiding this post simply because I took so many photos in New York and, although I knew I'd share my favorite shots with you all, I also knew that it would be difficult to narrow them down and I would end up posting way too many.


And I was right.


This post is VERY image heavy, so I apologize, but I just can't help myself.


There was just too much inspiration all around me, it's hard for me to whittle it down.


So here we go...


{Strawberry Fields in Central Park}


{My sweet mama <3}

{Museum of Natural History}


{This one's for Kacie}







{David & I are both very fascinated with Native American culture/history}

{View of Macy's from the top of the Empire State Building}

{We found a pub we loved with actual Irish bartenders & patrons}

{The Rockefeller Center tree}

{The inside & outside of St. Patrick's Cathedral, 
where we went to mass on Christmas day}


{One of my favorite buildings, The Plaza Hotel}

{Honestly the best breakfast I have ever had in my life.
Remember this post?}

{Greenwich Village area/Bleecker St.}


{Washington Square Park just after it had begun to snow}


{The blizzard was on it's way}

{Bryant Park}


{Yes, it was that cold}

{Quite literally in the middle of the blizzard, in Times Square.
It was very post-apocolyptic}

{Chelsea Market, one of my favorite spots}


{Bleecker Street Pizza, literally the best}

{Our favorite record shop in our favorite part of Manhattan, The Village}




{In St. Paul's Chapel, where the firefighters of 9/11 rested}



{Lady Liberty}

{From inside Central Park}

{A couple of my favorite dudes outside of the best cheese shop ever}

{The view from our hotel window}

{The New York Library}

{From inside Bryant Park}

Hipstamatic & Instagram Favorites

{Times Square}


{They mate for life!}

{Can you tell that I'm kind of, sort of a little obsessed with owls? Well, I am}



{My favorites}

{Macy's window displays}


{Bryant Park tree}

{Rockefeller Center tree}


{Washington Square Park}

{I'm not kidding, the best breakfast I have ever tasted.
I won't show you what my plate looked like afterwards}

Hope you all enjoy!

7 comments:

erin m. said...

Loved looking at these! It is a dream of mine to go to NYC during winter. Someday! :)

Lady Grey said...

Looks like such a great time. Your pictures are gorgeous!!
oxo

the southern hostess said...

Such fantastic pictures! You did everything!

Briana Teresa said...

gosh new york looks so beautiful!!!! I wish I could go so badly. And your pictures of just snow like in the middle of this wonderful sequence are kind of eerie but in this breathtakingly pretty kind of way. You're such a good photographer!!
Wanna trade buttons?! :)

Unknown said...

Erin: It was a dream of mine tooooo! I'm really glad I experienced it, but I wouldn't choose to go in the winter again :(

Why thank you, Lady Grey!

Natalie: Thank you so much!! And yes, we did try to do as much as we could :)

Briana: You are such a sweetheart! Thank you so much!
I would love to trade buttons! Can you send me a link to your button?

Unknown said...

Love each and every photo, lucky you got to enjoy Christmas in NYC...Maybe one day I will too :)

Unknown said...

Amanda: Thank you! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, if you ever get the chance, take it!