Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I blog because...

I basically took a break from the internet since my last post. I still went on facebook through my phone every once in a while and for very short periods of time (like less than a minute each time) and I stayed connected to my emails, but other than that, I just tried to ignore it. I have about 5 or 6 messages in my FB inbox that needs replying, but it's just another thing piled on my catching-up list.
I might not even have the time or energy to read all of the blog posts that I've missed in the last week or so. For that, I really am sorry.
I just needed a break. I didn't realize it at first, because I was avoiding it to get some work done for the play I'm involved in (I'll post about that later) and it needed to be done quickly so I cut my internet time for productive reasons. But then when I finished my task I just stayed away. I realized that I do this sometimes, but it's never for this long. I'll go through ebb and flows of using the internet and/or blogger. Sometimes I'll spend hours and sometimes I'll spend no time at all.
I just feel like sometimes we need a break from the world wide web and just live our lives. As much as I love this blog and as much as I love getting to know people and friends through this blog, it really isn't the end all be all. There's more to life than just our blogs. Sometimes I hear people say, "Is this going to be on your blog?" or "Are you gonna post these photos on your blog?" and I think, I don't want to be that person who is obsessed with their blog or who lives life in order to blog about it.
I am certainly not saying that any of my readers or the blogs I follow are those kinds of people, but I just need to be aware of the fact that there is more to life than what's on the internet, you know?
As much as I value and appreciate comments, there's no need to stress out if I don't get a lot of comments (or any at all) or if I don't comment enough on other bloggers' posts. There's no need to feel the need to post everyday. There's no need to worry about something that isn't a necessity to my life.
I blog because I enjoy it.
I blog because I enjoy reading what others have to say and what's going on in their lives.
I blog because it inspires me and others inspire me.
I blog because it helps me release things stuck inside of me.
I blog because I want to remember and document my life in a way that keeps me doing it (I can never stick to journaling).
I blog because of the people I've gotten to know through it.
I blog because I want to, not because I need to.
...and I want to keep it that way.



{I want to reiterate that I really appreciate my readers and I appreciate their faithfulness to my silly blog. I don't want to come across as ungrateful or as though I think I am better than blogging. The friendships I've cultivated because of this blog are important to me and I hope to see them grow and hopefully meet many of you someday. I just want to make sure that I'm clear and that I don't offend anyone or give anyone the wrong impression of me. I hope that what I have said is understandable and relatable.}

An update post of what's been going on lately is coming soon...
Post a Comment