Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lawrence Welk Resort (Fusion Retreat)


So here is a very late update:
A few weekends ago (the weekend right after we went to San Diego, to be exact), David and I went on a couple's retreat with our Fusion class at church to Lawrence Welk Resort in Escondido. It was AWESOME. We had so much fun getting to know some of the couples that we haven't really had the chance to hang out with and to grow closer to some of the ones that we already hang out with. 
It was so relaxing and fun. Lauren and I even got some work outs in and still got to swim and relax by the pool and eat good food (thanks to Lauren and her helpers) and we all were able to grow closer as couples as well. 
I also got stung by a bee for the first time in my life, but I didn't let that deter me from having fun! I was scared at first because, well, it REALLY stung and I didn't know if I was allergic or not (turns out I'm not, phew). Chris came to the rescue after Lindsay (his wife) alerted he and Dave of the situation and he just took control, got me what I needed and I was fine! Here's how it happened: a bunch of us ladies were sitting in the jacuzzi and I leaned back against the edge where the bee was chillin' and it just stung me. Hard. I kinda panicked for a second, but then after the stinger was out, I just kind of calmed down. Everyone was asking me if I was okay over and over and I felt pretty stupid (because I don't like unnecessary attention), but it was also awesome that so many people were actually concerned, haha.
Dave was proud of me. I don't know why. I guess he expected me to be all dramatic about it, but I was cool as a cucumber. I think he thinks I'm going to be one of those women who, when in labor, is screaming and yelling and getting all dramatic, but that's not my style. When I'm in pain or in a painful situation, I get really quiet or I laugh. If it REALLY hurts, I just get quiet.
Well except for one time when I got almost 2nd degree burns on my right hand after grabbing the handle of a skillet that had just come out of a 450 degree oven. I pretty much cried like a baby when the doctor at the urgent care made me take the ice off my hand for five minutes while he got the cream to ease the burn. THAT was the worst physical pain of my life. Tears rolled down my cheeks, I balled and balled and I'm sure if you were in the hall you could hear me. Dave just rubbed my back and kissed my tears. Love that Daveycakes.
Anyway, I digress...
So here are the photos from our retreat. We're definitely going next year.

We car pooled with Jeff & Lauren Levine there and back. We got there early so we had lunch at, what else?, a Mexican restaurant that had french fries! Heaven...

{Getting our own order of fries instead of sharing was a bad idea}




{The Lawrence Welk Resort}








{All of the sections of rooms were named after musicals}


{View from the jacuzzi where I got stung}



{The awesome water slide}


{I was the volleyball referee. 
This dude that started playing with them kept calling Dave, Brian and The Brianator!}






{Noel talking to the Rimoldi's}


{Chris Darjany & Brian Dokko}


{Not a good look for us, but pretty funny anyway}


{Brian & Vanessa. They both slay me at Words with Friends}



{The Friedman's brought Legos and Catan...???}








{The Levine's}



{On our way home we stopped at Pedro's for the best fish tacos ever}



10 comments:

♥ CheChe said...

looks like you had soo much fun! The fries in that picture looked pretty illegal. Seriously. I have a watery mouth and everything so they can't be real. lol. Love your blog!

♥cheche

Ashley Slater said...

how fun! I am sorry you got stung by the bee but your story about it was pretty funny :)

Mary Nevin said...

looks like a wonderful trip!! well minus the bee sting, way to be a badass about the pain though :)

Kacie said...

i love that lauren always loves to sit on jeff's lap. no fail. always. i think its sweet.
and i'm slightly jealous cause i never do it to TA.. i feel like i'm being too touchy.. and that its makes me too tall.
(weird)
therefore.. i will continue to live vicariously through jeff and lauren ;)

Becca said...

wishing I was by that pool!! It is too cold where I am at!

lovely blog xo

Diana Smith said...

WOW that looks like a lot of fun! I would love to go on a couples retreat, but i don't see that happening any time soon! Good food and swimming, what could be better?

Unknown said...

Cheche: HA HA! Seriously, they were DELISH.

Ashley: Lol, thanks! Ya it was funny at the time too. I just kept laughing at the situation.

Mary: hahaha THANKS!!

Kacie: yeah those two are so cuddly and affectionate, but in a very cute way, not gross... thankfully. ;)

Becca: Awww I'm sorry it's too cold where you are. Just a little while longer until warmer weather!

Diana: I know, right?? We were such kings and queens for the weekend, haha.

Anonymous said...

That looks like an amazing time! You must show us the fish tacos place...if we ever get a chance to go!

<3 Mar

L said...

aw such a sweet site...now following, i hope you can follow back also! I'd appreciate it so much :-)
xoxo from NYC!

TRAVEL DESIGNERY
.

Unknown said...

MarMar: I would LOOOOOVE to take you to the fish taco place. yum yum!

Lorena: Thanks lady!! I'll definitely check out your blog :)