Saturday, May 7, 2011

Meals of the week (WW)

First of all I want to thank everyone who commented on my last blog post, or who sent me emails or FB comments/messages, and texts. Reading how much each person commended me for my courage and honesty really meant the world to me. I still haven't responded to all comments or emails, but I promise I will as soon as possible.

So WW is going well so far. I got really fired up about meal planning for this week and it has definitely gone off without a hitch (well, except for one meal).

I posted photos of most of the meals to Instagram (lovelyladypilot) and I received many comments asking for recipes. One lovely lady named Stacey over at Blogs, Tea & Me suggested I start a recipe page here on my blog and I'm actually considering it!

Anyway, it's become pretty clear to me (AGAIN) how delicious being on WW can be, if you put the work into it and calculate the points that aren't already provided. Here are some photos of this week's dinner.

Monday
Veggie Pizza (Lauren's recipe, but modified for few points)
6 servings, 7 points per slice

Tuesday
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (WW recipe)
6 servings, 3 points each

Pink Sauce (Homemade Marinara + store bought light Alfredo)
with Rigatoni Pasta
4 servings, 8 points each



Wednesday
Crystal Light Pink Lemonade
0 points per serving


Baked Macaroni and Cheese (WW recipe)
Major fail.
I've made this before with soy milk and it was gross,
but this time I made it with real milk and it was slightly better.
Still a major fail.
6 servings, 7 points per serving




Friday
Celebrating Cinco a day late with Bud Light, Black Bean Soup
and Potato Tacos

Bud Light 
1 point per serving

Homemade pica de gallo
0 points per serving


Black Bean Soup (WW recipe)
4 servings, 3 points per serving
Absolutely delish

Potato tacos (my own recipe)
8 points for 3 tacos

Kids' size chocolate frosty for dessert
4 points per serving

Tomorrow I will be weighing in so I will either post my results on Sunday evening or Monday. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I think you're beautiful, heart & soul, no matter what your weight. I can understand that you wish to remain in a healthy weight range, so long as it doesn't own you. Your last post was so honest & raw, yo yo dieting is so much beyond the food, i know you know that & have plenty of disappointing events in history (disappointing not quite the right word, but you know - sad, heart breaking, beyond your control type events) to fuel the yo yo, you'll get there, so many people's metabolisms & brain spaces change in their 30s too. Love Posie

danielle @ take heart said...

i am so excited you are going to blog sugar! i can't wait to meet you :)

Mariah Magagnotti said...

Good luck! I'm sitting down to do the exact same thing: plan my meals, calculate the points, set up the shopping list... I think its kind of fun!

disastrousjane said...

good luck on the weigh in... i know i need some WW inspiration, i need to join and have needed and wanted to for some time now. maybe i'll have to take the plunge after seeing all of your yummy creations!!!!luck! luck! luck!

arielle elise. said...

oh my! those all look so delicious. especially the baked macaroni and pizza...wow!

Jessica said...

you're inspiring me to get to my meal planning...something I'm not good at! everything looks so good.

Unknown said...

Posie: Thank you for such encouraging words and support! I really appreciate it <3

Danielle: Me too! It will be such a great day. Can't wait to meet you, too :-D

The Fire Wife: Good for you!! Tons of luck to you and your journey :-D

Danielle: Go for it!! It never hurts to try and I'll be rooting for you!!

Arielle: They were! Well, except for the mac n cheese :( major bummer!

Jessica: Awesome! I'm glad you were inspired!!

Anonymous said...

I'm standing by what I said!!! Start that recipe page! So hanging out to make some of your creations! I made the Nestle cookies ... Yummmmmmm xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog! I love your honesty and that you're so open. I watched your wedding video! Oh Lord! Amazing! Can't wait to spend more time rummaging through your blog! :) xxx -your newest follower!

Unknown said...

@Stacey, I think I'm gonna do it! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do it now or after my play is over. We'll see. I'm glad you tried the Nestle cookies! Aren't the so delish?

@Trine Marie, Awwwww thank you SO MUCH! <3

Kasey Lynne said...

PLEASE start a recipe page because ALL of these recipes look so yummy. Especially that tomato basil soup...LOVE it.

Bud Light is only a point? Wow...I'm impressed. Ooooo and I love that Crystal Light Pink Lemonade stuff. It's my favorite flavor out of that whole bunch.

Keep up the great work friend! Looks like you're off to a wonderful start!

Unknown said...

@Kasey, I think I will lady! Probably as soon as things settle down a bit on the schedule front. I know, when I found out recently that it's only 1 point I went nuts. I said to Dave, "This is gonna be a good summer." HA HA!