Tuesday, June 14, 2011

He asked for it...

What did I do today you ask?

Oh, you know, the usual. I baked a delicious apple pie from scratch.

...

Okay, that's not "the usual", but it is something that I really enjoy doing and I haven't baked a pie from scratch in months, so I decided it was time to do some baking.





{and what I mean by "pre-made" is that I made it yesterday, from scratch, 
with a pastry blender because I prefer it to the food processor when it comes to doughs}






{mix dry & wet ingredients with apples, toss to coat, pour into pie dish, dot with butter}




David went nuts. He actually asked me to bake a pie because he's watching Twin Peaks again and had a hankering. I should have video recorded his reaction when he took the first bite. The look on his face was priceless. He said it was probably the best apple pie he's ever tasted and coming from him that is a huge compliment. Eating apple pie should be his official hobby. He is apple pie spoiled, that boy.

I also made my mom's "chewies" with the pie dough scraps.



Weight Watchers friendly?
Why, yes! I'm glad you asked.

The pie serves 8-10
12 points per slice if serving 8
10 points per slice if serving 10

I know that sounds steep, but I'm telling you it is worth every point. There really isn't anything out there that beats homemade pie.

{Recipe from Martha Stewart}
Post a Comment