Monday, June 13, 2011

Dub Dub Weigh In

{Week Six}


-1.6 lbs
Change since week one: -7.2 lbs
Change since 2006: -37.2 lbs

I lost again this week! I have to be honest and say that I wasn't so concerned with Dub Dub this week. The play opened this past weekend and I was so busy and stressed out that I barely had time to think about food, which is so odd to me since food is, like, my life. Well, it's not really, but it's a passion of mine, so going a whole week without even thinking about my next meal or what I was eating seems strange. By the time I drove to WW to weigh in and sit in at the meeting, I thought to myself, "I have no idea how I did this week, but I'll be happy if I lose even a few ounces."

I was pleasantly happy with being down 1.6 lbs.

Someone else wasn't happy though and that really bugged me. I probably shouldn't be putting this on blast, but this person is anonymous and I don't know her name. I also probably couldn't spot her again if I saw her so...

As I was waiting in line to weigh in, there were two women in front of me who were friends. The first woman weighed in and lost, how much I don't know, but she was happy nonetheless. When the second woman weighed in I happened to hear that she was down 1.6 (coincidentally the same number as me), but instead of being happy she was upset. She was upset that she didn't lose more and that she wasn't losing fast enough. The reason it bugged me is because there have been weeks in a row, months even when the scale hasn't budged for me or I've had a gain and I had every right to be upset and usually was, but I didn't throw a fit in front of the lady behind the scale or the people waiting in line. When I found out I lost the same amount as she did, I rejoiced. I would have rejoiced had I lost only an ounce. I would have even been happy had I stayed the same because I know that staying the same is better than gaining and any loss, no matter how small, is a victory.

I hope next week is a victory, too :)

~Andrea~

7 comments:

Diana Smith said...

GO you seriously! You are such an inspiration!

Kacie said...

fantastic! you go girl!!

Kasey Lynne said...

Woop woop!!! Congrats friend!!! You're doing so well...proud of you! Keep it up!

Hannah said...

Congrats on the 16 pounds! That is such an accomplishment! :) I don't like ungrateful people, that would have bummed me out too :(

amy said...

Congrats lovely girl! Your well on your way ^.^

hope to hear from you*!
www.amyflyingakite.com

Megane said...

just think, that's more than TWO blocks of cream cheese off of your body, in one week! (crazy when you think about it like that huh?!) that's awesome, congrats!

Unknown said...

you ladies are all so AWESOME!! thanks so much for the encouragement.

@Hannah, I actually only lost 1.6 lbs this week, not 16. i think i'd be dead if that happened haha!