Saturday, October 1, 2011

getting the fever

Papani Isaia Siliga

Papani is my brother's name, but this little cutie pie, my new nephew, goes by Isaia.


Early Monday morning I caught a flight to Phoenix, AZ to visit my brother, Junior, my sister-in-law, LaRae, my niece, Keilani and my brand spanking new nephew, Isaia.

On only four hours of sleep from Blog Sugar the night before I was dead tired, but I quickly revived by the sight of this precious little angel. He is a living doll. I fed him in the hospital and held him close. I even held him for hours the next evening as he slept in my arms. 

I am not a baby person. I think the only other newborns I have ever really held are my three nieces, and when I get around babies and toddlers I always fear I'm going to do something wrong, I just don't know what to do around them, but when I held this little guy it felt different.

Could it be that I am actually becoming maternal? Gasp.

Yeah I think babies and kids are cute and when I see adorable little ones all over blogs and IG feeds, I get all gushy and giggly at the cuteness, but it has only been until recently that I've actually, really, seriously wanted one of my own. My womb starts to ache and I am so weirded out by it.

Baby fever is approaching... but before I get a million texts, comments or exclamations full of glee from all of the many women in our families I must tell you that it is slow coming. Just be thankful that the fever is somewhere in the vicinity of my daydreaming.

But seriously, how could you not love this face?














12 comments:

alex said...

So beautiful! Ah this is exciting, babies are alway such a joy for everyone! Congratulations!(:

Caitlin said...

Awww! What a sweet little baby. My baby fever has been slow in coming as well, but it's hard to resist when all of your friends and siblings are having them! <3

MILA said...

these pictures are precious. enjoy!

--mila
milathinksthisthat.blogspot.com

Chanell said...

I just want to feel his soft baby skin!

LittleGreenThread said...

oh gosh! He is SO cute. So, so cute. I showed these pictures to my husband, and said "how could you NOT want another one?!". He said...yeah, but that cute little baby is keeping his parents up all night :)
True. But they are worth it all. Congratulations on the newest member of your family!

Unknown said...

it's pretty amazing what God can do in a girl's heart--by making her have the desire to take care of something outside herself. my babies have made me a better person and they are the reason why i buck up and triumph over a botched upbringing.
excited for you, whenever it may happen. you are gorgeous and i saw you from afar at blogsugar but we didn't get to meet. xoxox

Leslie @ top of the page said...

so adorable, that guy. yeah, i'm not a baby person either, and i've had a couple. i've found friends are either more comfortable about the baby stages and freaked out about parenting when they're older, or the other way around. i'm just way better at having a conversation with my child than baby care stuff. THAT'S the hardest to me. but i think i'm the minority. you may be too, and that's okay :)

Diana Smith said...

awww what an angel! Its funny, I am not really a baby person either, but when its my own babies...haha I am! I think of myself as more of a teenager mom...I can't wait but gotta do the baby stage first...hence why I am pregnant AGAIN lol! You look perfect as an aunt though!

Kacie said...

what a beautiful boy!!!
(that fever is infectious)

The Veda House said...

What a sweety. i love all the dark hair!

mandyface said...

These pics are just beautiful! What a sweet addition! And you were on my turf! Did you enjoy our resilient summer weather lol?

Unknown said...

thank you all so much for such sweet comments. it truly touched my heart and made me not feel so alone in not being a baby person!

xoxo!