Tuesday, November 15, 2011

tunes tuesday - yeah yeah yeahs



Yeah Yeah Yeahs!

The first time I ever heard Yeah Yeah Yeahs was in a car in the desert of Palm Springs at night with my then boyfriend and some high school guy friends. It was 2003 and I fell in love... with Karen O and her Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The album Fever To Tell became an instant favorite and Maps hit me like a ton of bricks. It since became their hit and now I consider Y Control a favorite. Big time favorite.

This band fueled one of my angst phases and got me through some of my toughest of college days.

I loved them so much my nickname became YeahYeahYeAndrea, which was shortened to YeAndrea, then eventually evolved into just plain ol' Yeah. My friend Knuckles, er excuse me, Kris, still calls me Yeah to this day.

There isn't really much I can say about this band that won't speak for themselves. I have to admit that I'm more of a fan of their earlier work. With each new album, they've seem to become more and more user friendly and I'm still waiting for them to get back in touch with their much edgier roots, so what I've put together for you is mostly their early albums and EPs.

Disclaimer: YYYs are NOT for everyone. Don't say I didn't warn you.











{all photos: pinterest}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

skeletons is my favorite song of theirs.
yes.

Heather said...

Love them!

One day I will see Karen O in all her glory, live.

Unknown said...

Rachel: yes! skeletons is a great song!!

Heather: ugh, me too! i know so many who have seen her/them live and i haven't. so sad :(