Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year



{images via Pinterest}

2011 wasn't a bad year. In fact, it was pretty good. It was certainly a whole lot better than the last half of 2010, that's for sure. Last year I didn't make any resolutions and this year I might not either. I haven't actually thought about it.

This year I want my life to keep changing. In the last few months I've become a whole lot more open to things changing and shifting. I've opened my heart up to what God wants to do in my life. I'm learning to trust Him and truly believe that He knows what's best for me. I thought I trusted Him. I thought I believed in and asked for what He wants for me, but in 2011 I realized that I didn't. Once I realized that and admitted it to Him and to myself, things started to change.

I'm opening myself up for more change. I'm trusting in Him more. When I finally admitted to Him and to myself my frustration and anger towards Him, when I admitted my lack of trust in His plan, He so graciously gave me the gift of showing me just a speck of what He is capable of doing in my life, therefore I'm trusting that He's got this and I don't need to be such a worry wart 24/7. I can leave it all up to Him and not try to control every-little-thing-all-the-time.

That's so exhausting.

I'm not gonna kid myself, I know there will still be times when I want to pull my hair out because I can't control it all... but hopefully I'll have the ability to step back and let go.

I changed my mind. I do have a resolution for 2012.
This year it's not to lose weight like it is every year (although I'll never give up on that).

My 2012 resolution is to let go.

LET GO... and trust in Him.

Happy New Year to all of my faithful followers! I love you guys <3

3 comments:

arielle elise. said...

amen...
and happy new year to you! :)

mandyface said...

Faith & trust, faith & trust..I repeat this to myself nightly. It takes work.

Unknown said...

arielle, thank you! you as well :)

mandy, that is amazing. i think i'm gonna steal that from you <3