Monday, January 2, 2012

Dub Dub Weigh In


{Week Seven}

- 1.6 lbs
Change since week one: - 6.2 lbs
Change since 2006: - 36.2 lbs


This is crazy people. I lost during the Christmas holiday.

Actually, I kinda cheated. I ate like crazy on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and Christmas evening... but by the time we got home the flu I hadn't realized I caught sometime while I was stuffing my face reared it's extremely ugly head.

I won't gross you out with the details, but it was literally the worst flu of my life. I don't think I've ever been so violently sick... EVER. It was so bad that at 3am on Dec. 26th, I was dry heaving because I had completely emptied my body of every little thing I ate the previous 24 hours. 

We got home after our Christmas festivities and bundled up to watch a movie even though my stomach wasn't feeling all that great and within an hour of being home I was spending every 20 minutes in the bathroom. I knew when I was gonna be sick because I'd start to sweat bullets and get extremely dizzy and more nauseated than a person should ever be. I'd run to the bathroom and within a minute of walking out of the bathroom I would get the chills for 10-15 minutes, wrap myself in blankets like an Eskimo, and then it would start all over again. It was awful.

Five members of my family, including myself, got the flu. We all just passed it around. I don't know how some people managed to dodge it, including Dave. He never gets sick, he just watches me moan and sweat and get the chills. I'm the one with the poor immune system who catches everything and yet refuses to get any vaccinations (makes total sense, right?).

Thankfully it was only a 24 hour bug and I felt much better by the 27th, even though I still don't have a full appetite and every time I eat dinner (which is usually my largest meal), I start to feel a little sick again. Oh well, I'm still alive and that's all that matters!

So that's why I lost during the Christmas holiday, it had nothing to do with any willpower of my own, though I wish it had.

This week my goals are to start exercising again (I stopped for a few weeks) and I think I'll start with Pilates and/or Yoga... wish me luck this week! :)

Thumbs down for being sick. Thumbs up for losing weight during Christmas

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oh dear, that sounds horrific :( I hope you're feeling back to 100%.

grey rose (they/them) said...

feeling better, i hope!
happy new year, lovely friend! xo

Four Flights said...

wow. I love the new look of the blog over here. did you do the header yourself? Love it, really do. And congratulations on losing weight during Christmas. But no bueno on how you did it - by barfing :( what's that saying? "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight?" Blech, not the way you wanna lose the lbs for sure...happy new year lady! and p.s. thanks for the comments the last 2 days. I have been responding via comments now in the comments section, just so you know :) I don't want you to think I've been ignoring ya!

Unknown said...

Caitlin: thank you! unfortunately i'm still getting stomach aches and i'm not sure why, but i'm not sick, so that's a good thing!

Hannah: happy new year to you too! xoxoxo

Andrea: Thanks! I did do the header myself, just messing around on the computer :)
I hope that my post didn't come across as though I was glad I had the flu because it possibly made me lose weight. Losing weight was the last thing on my mind while I was uncontrollably emptying my body of nutrients and unable to even take a sip of water because it would make me run to the bathroom within two minutes. I've never been so miserably and violently sick in my life and I certainly wouldn't choose to go through it again just to lose one and a half pounds. not worth it in the slightest.
happy new year!