Monday, January 2, 2012

tunes tuesday - imogen heap / frou frou


Imogen Heap / Frou Frou

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Imogen Heap and Frou Frou. I first started listening to Frou Frou back in 2001 or 2002, before "Let Go" was featured on the Garden State soundtrack. Though I'm selective with the kind of "Electronic" musicians and artists that I listen to, when I find a band/artist of said genre that I like, I end up LOVING them. Frou Frou was no exception and I've delightfully followed Imogen into her solo career. She's been able to, including with Frou Frou, kind of ride the wave of soundtrack fame and then continue to churn out special songs that you can't stop listening to. I was probably very much attracted to her sorrowful lyrics of unrequited love back in my college days, which is so beautifully combined with interesting and unexpected beats and noise bites. I'm usually not a fan of auto tune, but her voice lends itself very well to it... I think. I tend to listen to her mostly in the car or with my headphones on when I'm doing something creative. She has a way of fueling me when I'm in a creative mood and keep me going and thinking and inspired. I really relish in artists that can be that for me. I hope that if you haven't given her a shot, you'll find something you like in these tracks.


Frou Frou/Heap by Andrea Carpenter on Grooveshark


{Grooveshark only had the instrumental versions from Imogen's album Ellipse available, so I turned to Hypster  to make a separate playlist so you can hear my favorites from that album as well}

   

3 comments:

Leslie @ top of the page said...

can't wait to listen to these playlists in the background of my computer time this week. love the garden state soundtrack and the tracks you mentioned from it. happy new year!

mandyface said...

This play list was just what I needed. Good choice.

ps-my capcha was 'brofist' I love it.

Unknown said...

yay! i'm so glad ya'll are happy about this week's tunes tuesday!