Thursday, January 6, 2011

back to life

For the last few days I've been in hibernation.


I started to feel really sick on Monday morning and just kind of stayed at home and did nothing productive (except bake too many batches of cookies, which really did me in and made me even more exhausted than my sickness already had).


I ignored the cleaning
the laundry
the dishes
the internet/my blog and reading all my favorites' updates


I did leave the house with Dave to exchange gifts with the in-laws and that was fun, even though I felt like passing out almost the whole time. Every year I get really weird/crazy gifts from Dave's dad, Bobby, and this year he did NOT disappoint. I got some crazy glasses that light up, a small bag that looks like an animal crackers box (I checked inside to see if there were any animal crackers because I LOVE them, but there were none), and on top of it all I got a Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. awesome.


and


I pretty much just ordered Netflix (FINALLY) and watched a few movies.


Precious (don't ever watch that in the morning because the rest of your day will suck, but it shouldn't be missed)
The Young Victoria (LOVED it, thanks for the recommendation Kacie!)
Supersize Me (I've been saying the same thing for years, every American should watch this movie, as well as Food Inc.)
Brothers (HEAVY, great acting)


Thankfully Davey was a dear and did the dishes multiple times and let me complain about feeling crappy and was super sympathetic (don't I have a sweetheart?) I'm so lucky.


I also thought a lot about what happened on Sunday and my previous blog post and I just wanted to say thank you to all of the wonderful ladies who left me encouraging comments, and all the texts and messages I received because of it. It really means a lot to me that so many of you think so highly of me or took the time to give me encouragement and hope. I really appreciate it.


I discovered that my food allergies/IBS might be coming back. I've been getting the stomach aches lately. 
Major cons to this: 
~I'll be back on my strict semi-Vegan/Pollotarian diet.
~I'll have to order like a picky bratty little kid at all the restaurants we go to from now on. 
~The horrible pain that comes when I don't follow my IBS diet.
Major pros to this: 
~I'll be back on my diet, therefore feeling like the healthiest person alive.
~I'll probably drop 10 lbs in the matter of a couple of months.
~I've been recently considering becoming a vegetarian so this diet would steer me in that direction naturally.


Part of me is hoping I'll be forced to go back on my IBS diet, but part of me just doesn't want to deal with the incredibly mind-altering stomach aches and fear of certain foods. Oh well, whatever happens happens and I'll deal with it.


I also realized (again) this morning that God seriously answers prayers. After my time of prayer this morning I asked for something specific and within an hour my prayer was answered. God is incredibly good and I need to be reminded of that daily.


Thankfully last night was the first night in a while that I fell asleep after 8:30pm and woke up before 8:00am so I'm starting to feel better. Thanks Sudafed & tea with honey and lemon!


AND


Tonight I am hanging out with my friend Kristin whom I met at VU and who is also getting married in March (so EXCITED for her!). We're bringing back 2005 and getting dinner at Gypsy Den at the Lab in Costa Mesa. Blast from the past. It should be joyous reunion.


Look out Veggie BLT & Veggie Chili, I'm making you mine tonight!

7 comments:

Jayne said...

Dude. JEALOUS of your date! Have fun! <3.

Sam W. said...

i've been wanting to see supersize me and food inc. for a while. perhaps i better hop on the netflix train!

Kacie said...

this thought keeps popping up in my mind lately...
"eat vegetarian!! do it!! just start and decide that's how things are going to be and STICK with IT!"

and you are, yet again, affirming this thought for me... but i like frickin chicken strips too much! and then i eat chicken strips and i feel awful.. but they are so delicious that i eat them anyway.

maybe just one step at a time? but then i'll just tell myself the same thing after i have another meal of chicken strips!

gah!

marisa said...

Glad you're feeling better love. <3

Let's hang out soon!

Diana Smith said...

What a sweet husband to do the dishes!! Yeah I was tempted to turn Precious off multiple times, but i was really drawn to the story and just wanted to finish it! I really want to see Young Victoria too!

Heather said...

I love the gypsy den! I have only tried their whole wheat pancakes. Veggie blt and veggie chilli sounds yummy.

have fun!

Unknown said...

Court: You'll be there next time. You have to be. <3

Sam: I TOTALLY encourage it. I saw another documentary today called Food Matters and it REALLY opened up my eyes to a lot! It basically documents the correlation between nutrition and disease. It's very enlightening and made me seriously consider even more that I should become a vegetarian or pescetarian (sp?).

Kacie: I am right there with you. I don't really eat chicken strips, but I'll eat chicken in tacos/burritos/salads occasionally. I can't really eat a piece of chicken by itself because it no matter what, halfway through the chicken I get nauseated. It's not just about the fact that it's an animal, but for some reason my stomach just can't handle more than a small amount of meat at a time. We should really discuss this some more!

Marisa: Thank you love! And yes, hang out would be great :)

Diana: He is a dear, I must admit! I knew I wanted to see Precious before it was even in the theaters, but I just never got around to it so I was all over it when I got Netflix. It was the first movie I watched. It's amazing, but so heartbreaking. You MUST see The Young Victoria. Emily Blunt is fantastic and the dude who plays Prince Albert is extremely easy on the eyes.

Heather: I love Gypsy too! I've actually never gone for breakfast and always wanted to. I have no idea how I ever missed the opportunity when I was in college 'cause I went there all the time, haha. As delicious as the veggie chili/blt sounded, my stomach was acting up so I ended up just getting the spinach salad, which is also delish! I recommend!