Tuesday, February 22, 2011

prayer and milkmaid braids

To all my believer readers (hey, that has a nice ring to it), I ask if you would please pray for my niece, Savanna, as she is having knee surgery as we speak. She has been playing basketball practically since she could walk, is a fantastic player and in her short 16 years has already had knee surgery and is now having the same surgery on her opposite knee. She loves the game dearly and never wants to give it up (and should not have to!).


So if you could send up some thoughts and prayers in her favor, it would not go unappreciated! <3


In other much less important news, I discovered yesterday that my hair is long enough to pull off the milkmaid braids. I was inspired by this post over at The doe or the deer (who was inspired by this post over at Sometimes Sweet) to re-create the same look. I'm really glad I tried it because it is now my new favorite hairstyle. It's easy and always cute.



Coincidentally, just as I had finished my braids, Kacie sent me a text with a picture of her braids. WEIRD!
We ended up hanging out for a few hours and sported our twinsie braids around town.


I still have updates from the weekend to get to, but in all seriousness, the sheets are calling my name to be changed and the toilet is screaming, "I need a cleaning."
Then off to the gym for a killer cardio workout with Lauren.
And then a post-surgery visit to Savanna.


You know, priorities and what not.

 {In Lauren's backseat}

15 comments:

Kacie said...

bahahahahh!!!! andrea!! i JUST did a post on mine too!!!
we. ARE. THE. SAME!!!!!

lindsay said...

♥ these braids look absolutely lovely on you! my hair used to be long..then i chopped it all off :) and now i am currently growing it out again. i have a long long way to go to be able to pull off these braids, but none the less you all have inspired me :) xo

Jess Youngsma said...

You are such a babe!
And? I had a knee surgery at 16 too and still went onto getting a college volleyball scholarship... She will be fine! Prayers sent!!

Unknown said...

Kacie: LOL, seriously it's so weird how in sync we are these days.

Lindsay: Why thank you, dear!! I'm sorry about your hair being too short for the milkmaid braids, but it'll be such a happy day when you can sport them again! You'll have to post pictures!

Unknown said...

JL: Look who's talking! You are babelicious! (Thank you)

And thank you SO MUCH for your prayers and encouraging words. It means more than you know <3

Jayne said...

Really, Why are you SO GORGEOUS? Can you rub some off on me? KThanx!

Now I want long hair....

Unknown said...

Courtney, you are crazy. You are such a beauty! Seriously <3

Mrs. Biscuit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana Smith said...

Your milkbraid is so cute! you remind me of Jenny Lewis, but a much prettier version!!

Unknown said...

Hi! I just found your blog through Diana Smith!! Hi Diana! =)
I have enjoyed reading your stories. Love the braid. I might have to give this a try.
Xo-Keri

Unknown said...

Biscuit McGhee: thanks so much!!

Diana: you seriously MADE MY DAY. thanks for making me feel good with that one!

Keri: Thanks, new friend! I'm so happy you enjoy my blog :)

Liesl said...

Such a pretty look on you...I've been thinking about sporting the partial braid!

Liesl :)

Unknown said...

Liesl: You should try it! It's so fun and cute.

Caitlin said...

love, love the braids. you actually made me wish I kept my hair long :) I love your blog!

Unknown said...

Caitlin: Hey, new friend! You're hair is super cute short, but if you ever decide to grow it out, you'll have the milkmaid braids to look forward to!

I just started following you because I love your blog, too! :)