Wednesday, February 23, 2011

scenes from the weekend (and prez day)

Friday
{I finally met Singer}
 {and Casper}


 {Kacie's yummy veggie pasta soup}



Saturday
{I have no photos for Saturday, but we did have an awesome evening with Jeff and Lauren and a few of their friends. We went to The Luckman for a post-modern, contemporary Israeli dance group. 
It was a great cultural experience and SO FUN}

Sunday
{A beautiful shower for a beautiful friend}



 {Kris, the bride, with her flower girl}


 {Groom-to-be, Bud, stopped by for a surprise visit}

 {Holding part of the gift I got her}
{Kris, remember that the other half of your gift will be for the wedding!}
 {Super stoked on Courtney's amazing gift}
 {Kris, Courtney & myself}

{My sister's birthday at Ruth's Chris}

 {Mom & Jeff}
 {Yummy lobster appetizer}
 {Orange Pomegranate Martini}
 {This tells me she loved the gift we gave her, Chanel Gardenia perfume}
 {French onion soup}
 {Lobster, which came with sides, but we all shared}

Monday
{Lauren & Jeff's chickens}



 {and their duckies}






 {Toonses!}



 {The yummy lasagna Lauren taught me to make}
{We also tried making grapefruit sorbet = epic fail}
{As well as vanilla ice cream = kinda worked}

9 comments:

Diana Smith said...

Cute doggies, I love the name Singer for a dog! Reminds me of a sewing machine! haha and that soup looks amazing! So hungry now ahah!

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Wow it looks like you were super busy! Those puppies are so cute, I love the wrinkles on the bulldog! Bridal showers are always so much fun, I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding. Oh and home-made lasagna, yum yum!

Kris said...

i made the blog cut, love it! thank you for coming to my shower and for braving those icky cookies! the picture of us 3 VU girls turned out so good, i can't wait to spend my big day with you and boogie down! love love love <3
(ps: i had rutabegorz AGAIN on tuesday with my mom, obsessed much?)

Kacie said...

you take brilliant pictures of my dogs.
:)
seeing how much Singer loved sitting on your lap was so cute!

Kacie said...

ps i can't believe the grapefruit failed!!! i was craving it all night after i left!
oh well.. i feel better that you two couldn't enjoy it now.. JUST KIDDING!

Victoria said...

What great pictures! I'm excited to read more of your blog! Especially about your traveling!

You look like you have a lot of fun! can't wait to see what other exciting things you do!

Victoria

Unknown said...

Diana: aren't they just the cutest?!

Mrs. Biscuit: Those puppies are adorable. Singer cuddled with me for a long time. The bridal shower was amazing and the lasagna? DELISH!

Kris: Thank you for having me! Seriously, it was a really awesome shower. I'm so excited for your big day. It's going to be amazing. <3

Oh and I think you and I need to have another Rutabegorz date!

Kacie: Aww thanks gf! I loved having Singer sleep in my arms <3

The sorbet was a disappointment, but we're gonna try again this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!

Victoria: Thanks, new friend!

danielle @ take heart said...

what a sweet shower! and your blog is sweet toooo :)

Unknown said...

Danielle: Thanks so much! I just checked out your blog and I love it! Sooo cute!