Monday, March 14, 2011

365

Yesterday David and I celebrated one year of marriage together. We spent the weekend at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel where we got married and it was magical.

I was flooded with so many emotions just reliving the best day of our lives and reflecting on the last year.

I couldn't help but feel immensely bittersweet thinking of all the memories and how that really was the best party we ever went to, that it was gorgeous, full of love and perfect. I hear so many women tell me how much they hated their wedding day or regret this or that or how it just wasn't what they envisioned. When I hear that my heart hurts for these women I feel a tinge of guilt, but I feel thankful because (other than a small snafu here and there) my wedding day was absolutely perfect.

Side note: I was also incredibly sad for my dear, dear Mark, who past away only 6 months after the wedding. He was my mom's oldest and dearest friend and he and his genius made my wedding all that I wanted and more. I love and miss him dearly. Everywhere I turned this weekend, he was there. At one point I even started crying while I was jogging on the treadmill thinking of him. I knew he wouldn't want me to be sad, so I tried my best, but it wasn't easy.

There, of course, were a few things I wish I would have done different (like send someone upstairs to my room to get the Chanel necklace David gave me as my wedding gift to wear at the reception, or not miss my mom's speech while we were taking photo booth pictures, or that someone would have stopped my jeweler from grabbing the mic and making a really LONG and distasteful joke), but overall I have no regrets.

But those are little things and even the day itself does not define me or my marriage.

I found a boy who has become such a beautiful and amazing man that I love more than I've ever loved anyone else on earth. He is my best friend, the love of my life and more than I deserve.

The Lord truly answered my prayers and blessed me with so much love.

13 comments:

Diana Smith said...

Doesn't the year just fly by?! you aren't really newlyweds anymore!! That is awesome that you guys were able to celebrate at the hotel where you got married, you are such a gorgeous bride!

defining amy said...

these pictures are amazing. you are a gorgeous wifey.

Unknown said...

Diana: Aww shucks, thanks so much girlie! It seriously does fly! I cannot believe it.

Amy: Thank you so much!!

Jayne said...

It was such a beautiful and joyful wedding. It makes my heart happy that we were there to share it.

Love you.

Whim Wham Life said...

Happy 1 Year! Ummm, your pictures are out of this world gorgeous! Such a classy couple:-) So sorry about the bittersweet moments: That's what they are though, bitter at first, and then immensely sweet. What great memories you have and stories you can tell:-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your guy's wedding was be-yond...SO SO beautiful, and so much fun. Congratulations again :)

Unknown said...

Court: It makes MY heart happy to know that you two shared that day with us!! love, love, love!!

Bon Bon: You are awesome! Thank you so much :-D

Jaymee: Thank you girlie! Your wedding was so gorgeous as well. We LOVED being there to celebrate with you two! <3

kacie said...

girrll.. you know how much i do NOT like thinking about my wedding, but i'm sorry if i've ever made you feel guilty! i'm SOSOSOSO glad you have THEE best day ever. you looked divine... kissed by angels... lovely in all aspects.
the Lord was totally doin His thang when he put you two together.
xoxoxoxoxo!

Adrian said...

Happy 1 year anniversary! Love, love, love the pictures.

Simple Life Journey said...

You are beautiful! These are awesome pictures!

grey rose (they/them) said...

happy wishes for a hundred more years;)
stunning photos, so beautiful!

Kasey Lynne said...

this post is beautiful. so happy that you found that. congrats on your first year!!

happy for you friend :)

Unknown said...

Kacie: I've actually heard that from several brides, so no worries!

Adrian: Thanks so much!!

Janna: Hello new friend! Thank you so much, you are so totally sweet!

Hannah: Ahhhh, you are the sweetest. Thank you so very much.

Kasey: <3 you!