Monday, May 9, 2011

Dub Dub Weigh In

{Week One}

-2.2 lbs
Yesterday was my first week's weigh in back at Weight Watchers. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that I lost 2.2 my first week back, even though I was really disciplined. I tracked every bite and measured out every cup, 1/2 cup, ounce... you name it. But the reason I'm surprised is because I just figured I'd be happy with losing just one pound, or even half a pound, definitely not more than two, but hey, I will gladly take it!
A quick refresher on my current status: since I started WW officially back in 2006, I lost a total of 50 lbs from then to 2009. After my wedding and honeymoon about a year ago I gained back 20 lbs. Since then I lost about 8 lbs. When I started going back to the meetings last week I learned that I had gained back that 8 lbs I lost since my 20 lb weight gain. According to my WW tracker I have currently lost 32.2 lbs. 

My goal is to get back to my wedding weight of 140 lbs. I have 17.8 lbs to go! Make sense?
Again I would like to thank all of my family and friends (blogland and real life) who have supported me and my decision to be open and honest about my weight loss journey here on my blog. It's been really encouraging and has helped me not regret this decision at all. Hopefully you'll see less of me next week (geeeeeet iiiit??)!



10 comments:

Diana Smith said...

yay you are doing awesome already!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

good for you! press on!
i have 31lbs to lose-we can do it!!!

Megane said...

woo-hoo!! great job! you go girl!

Mariah Magagnotti said...

Good work! I weighed the same as last week. Which I guess is better than a gain, but still... meh.

Keep up the diligence!

♥ CheChe said...

weight watchers is so expensive. I would love to do it but I just don't have that kind of cash. I'm super excited to hear that your so close to your goal weight :). Your such a beautiful woman!!

♥cheche

Anonymous said...

Well done!!! Love ya xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!! It really means a lot :-D

@Hannah, yes we can!

@The Fire Wife, I know it's really hard to be okay with staying the same because it's so easy to forget that that is an accomplishment and that it's much better than a gain, but congrats to you for not gaining!!

@Cheche, I understand if you can't afford it, but I always tell people that it is a lot less expensive than most other diets out there. The most expensive plan they offer is $12.00 a week and if you think about that you can EASILY spend that twelve bucks on ONE meal! It's worth it, though, if you want to get healthy and are willing to spend the money. I do the monthly plan which includes the free membership online (eTools) and that's less than ten bucks a week.

Thanks for all the love everyone!!!

SouixsieHomeHipster said...

Good for you! You will do this! But no matter what? You are beautiful at any weight!

Such a "mom" thing to say, but totes the truth! Love you!

We need to get something on that crazy sched of yours!

Pencil me in! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, yes. I got it!!

Congrats An!

xMar

Unknown said...

Courtney: Thanks love!! And yes, let's pencil each other in <3

Amara: Thanks girl!! xoxo