Monday, August 22, 2011

Dub Dub Weigh In

Welp, let's get this one over with, too.
I stepped on the scale, hopeful and anxious. When the lady at the counter read my results, my heart sank.

{Week Sixteen}


+ 0.4 lbs
Change since week one: + 1.8 lbs
Change since 2006: -28.2 lbs

It'd be one thing if I had been expecting it, but I certainly was not.

I worked so hard this week. I earned a minimum of 56 activity points. When I say minimum I mean that when I track my activity points, I skimp. If I did Zumba for an hour I'd key in that I did 45 minutes. I never skimp on my SHREDDING activity points, but those are hard earned so I give myself the credit.

The lady behind the counter saw the 2 ton weight of discouragement break my back and asked me if I did anything different. When I told her how much activity points I earned, she asked if I ate the points I earned. When I told her that I ate all of my extra weekly allowance points, but not my activity points, she said I might not be eating enough. 

Seriously?

I've been through this before, but I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that when I stay within my points for the week and exercise, but don't eat the activity points I earn, that I typically fail at the scale.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

How is it that I am quite literally kicking myself in the ass thanks to Jillian, working my butt off, sweating bullets all while tracking that I am GAINING?

I just keep on back tracking and it's driving me insane.

I want to rip my hair out.

8 comments:

Liesl said...

Wanted to send a few extra smiles your way! I know this weigh in wasn't what you expected, but perhaps that is some fabulous muscle you gained! :) Keep kicking butt, literally...hehe...and I am sure it will pay off, but either way, I think you look FAB!!!

Liesl :)

Melissa M. said...

Ugh, losing weight is not easy. Sounds like you're working hard, could any of the weight you're gaining be muscle weight from working out? I lost 10 pounds last week because I couldn't eat. It was horrible, because I was really sick, but an easy way to lose 10 pounds I guess... but now I'm on a med that is supposed to make me extremely hungry so it'll definitely be a battle from here on out.

Monique said...

Hi lady if it makes you feel better .04 is very little and you may be building some muscle tone. I don't own a scale but use it at my friend's houses and I remember weighing myself when I first got in and used the bathroom and then again when I left and the difference was 2lbs in a matter of hours. You are doing great lady. Keep it up and don't give up. 28lbs is a huge success!

Unknown said...

Liesl: Thanks so much for the smiles and encouragement! Really, it means a lot to me <3

Melissa: I suppose some of it could be muscle, especially since my clothes are fitting looser. I didn't take my measurements (stupid, I know), so it is possible. But when I first started Jillian I immediately gained 5 lbs and I know that was not all muscle. It's pretty impossible to gain 5 lbs of muscle in 6 days, so I just don't know what the heck is going on. I just weighed myself this morning on my scale at home and it says that I am 157, so I am all kinds of confused. Oh well, we'll see. Good luck to you on this new medication! I hope that it's not too much of a struggle for you. And thank you for the encouragement!!

Monique: Yeah, I am definitely glad it was only 0.4, but I was just surprised I had a gain at all. I really was expecting at least a 1-2 lb weight loss. Especially since my scale at home just said I'm at 157 and my scale has never been off more than 1 lb compared to the scale at WW. CONFUSING! Anyway, I will keep it up. As close as I am to giving up I know I won't. I've come so far and I can't give up now.

Also, thank you for reminding me about the 28 lbs. I've kept that off for 5 years and that's a huge accomplishment. I keep forgetting that. I'm just trying to make sure that I lose the 20 lbs I gained last year on my honeymoon so I can be back to a 50 lbs weight loss and hit lifetime for real this time. I just keep yo-yoing these initial 10 lbs and it's driving me nuts. Since my honeymoon, I've yo-yoed from 160 - 150 three times. yikes!!

Thanks again for the encouragement and reassurance. It means a lot! <3

M.R. said...

Hang in there!! sometimes it takes more than a week or two for all the hard work to pay off...there's gonna be results in there somewhere- it might just take a little longer than you think...stay with it!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest that it's muscle gain as well. My sister is a registered dietician if you ever want to bounce some ideas off of her! She's very realistic in how people relate to food and exercise. It sounds like you do WAY more of the right things than most people!

Also...for the record (even though I know it doesn't always mean anything) I think you are DROP DEAD gorgeous. Seriously. I feel like you and your man look like movie stars!!

<3

Unknown said...

M.R., thank you for the encouragement! i'm hoping you're right ;)

Kate, thank you SO FREAKING MUCH! That kind of encouragement is so heart warming <3<3<3 xoxoxo!

grey rose (they/them) said...

oh, don't lose heart. you're excellent at pressing on! i totally say if your clothes are loose then ignore the numbers for the time being. seriously, you are doing so well and working so very hard. keep it up! you are beautiful.

xo