Monday, August 22, 2011

Dub Dub Weigh In

Welp, let's get this one over with, too.
I stepped on the scale, hopeful and anxious. When the lady at the counter read my results, my heart sank.

{Week Sixteen}


+ 0.4 lbs
Change since week one: + 1.8 lbs
Change since 2006: -28.2 lbs

It'd be one thing if I had been expecting it, but I certainly was not.

I worked so hard this week. I earned a minimum of 56 activity points. When I say minimum I mean that when I track my activity points, I skimp. If I did Zumba for an hour I'd key in that I did 45 minutes. I never skimp on my SHREDDING activity points, but those are hard earned so I give myself the credit.

The lady behind the counter saw the 2 ton weight of discouragement break my back and asked me if I did anything different. When I told her how much activity points I earned, she asked if I ate the points I earned. When I told her that I ate all of my extra weekly allowance points, but not my activity points, she said I might not be eating enough. 

Seriously?

I've been through this before, but I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that when I stay within my points for the week and exercise, but don't eat the activity points I earn, that I typically fail at the scale.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

How is it that I am quite literally kicking myself in the ass thanks to Jillian, working my butt off, sweating bullets all while tracking that I am GAINING?

I just keep on back tracking and it's driving me insane.

I want to rip my hair out.

Post a Comment