Thursday, March 3, 2011

Slideshow #3 & Blog Sprucing

If you are a regular follower/reader of my blog, you may have noticed that I have made some changes to my blog. I replaced the header photo with a new one, added some pages, a new background, and made things look a little cleaner. It bugged me how cluttered my blog looked, but I never took the time to do anything about it.

Turns out, this didn't take as much time as I thought it would (yippee!), and though I still haven't hired someone to design my blog for me, it was free to do and is now a little bit fancier than it was before, but not crazy/blow-your-mind/out-of-this-world/elaborate fanciness that it could be had I hired someone who actually knows what they are doing (because I don't really). I still plan to add another button for more variety, but that's taking a backseat since today we are leaving for a weekend couple's retreat with our Fusion group (so excited!)

I hope you like it, 'cause I really do (and so does David actually, HA!).

And now onto a very special slideshow: Paris.
I have been to Paris three times now (possibly making it four this summer, but that's still up in the air). I know this makes me super lucky. I don't take it for granted!

The first time I went was in high school through my French class where we also visited Holland & Germany.

The second time was in college with two girlfriends. We also toured Italy.

The third was on my honeymoon. I always knew that my ultimate dream trip to Paris would be on my honeymoon, so we made it happen. As you may already know, we started the trip in Ireland (view the slideshow here), made our way to London (slideshow here), then to Paris and lastly a tour of Italy.

When I was making these slideshows it was difficult for me to not play favorites and to avoid taking a little extra time with Ireland and Paris. As such they have become my favorite of the four slideshows. It's probably the music.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy a little trip to Paris... I know I did!

Per usual, please press play immediately followed by pause to let the video load a little before pressing play again to view. Thank you!

Honeymoon: Paris from Andrea Carpenter-Heffernan on Vimeo.
A video slideshow with music of my honeymoon in Paris with my husband, David.

Music by:

Édith Piaf
Christopher Gunning
Frédéric Foret
and
Yann Tiersen

15 comments:

Kacie said...

you are talented.. even if you didn't hire someone. blog designers (no matter how elaborate or simple) are geniuses to me :)

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Love the new header photos :)

Liesl said...

SO excited to watch your Paris slideshow...I love them all!!! As for your blog sprucing and new header...FABULOUS!!! Well done, my dear! :)

Liesl :)

Unknown said...

Kacie: <3<3<3

Tanya: Thanks girlie!

Liesl: Oh I am SO happy that you enjoy them! Thanks so much!!

Jayne said...

Dreamboat Annie! Loving the new look! Can I hire you? I'll give you my password, and you can just go to town! Haha. I've been trying to "bedazzle" my blog as it were, and ummm, yeah, well you've seen the sad little fruits of my labor.

Button? Whaaa? Do I need a button? How do I get you button? Header photos? Whaa? Am I outside?

See, I need help.

Unknown said...

I would love to help you Court!

Put together some of your favorite photos of you and your boys, your favorite colors, themes (if any) etc. and when I get back from my weekend trip I can start working on it!

You can even look online for inspirations if you'd like!

Diana Smith said...

I love your header! SOOO PRETTY and ROMANTIC! You guys are such a gorgeous couple! Seriously!

Unknown said...

Awww Diana, you are such a sweetheart/dollface!!
<3<3<3!

fee @ chipper nelly said...

LOVING your blog (just come across it while avoiding jobs) and am going to save it for a lovely cup of tea and a long sit down...a nice lenghy perusal.
Bracing myself for Paris envy...fee x

♥ CheChe said...

i would love to travel someday. I am glad you've been blessed with the ability to travel and see our lovely green earth. Lord willing I too will be capable of making a slideshow of my world tours.. hehe


love your blog and I love the style of you and your husbands wedding. So beautiful!

♥cheche

Unknown said...

I really adore your header photos. Honeymoon in Paris? Wow. That is a dream. The slideshow is great!!!

PS: love, love, love your blog. The name is genius!

Anonymous said...

Great job An!

I love all the videos so far, can't wait to see the others!


xx Amara

Adrian said...

I'm liking the new layout! Your header pics are so adorable. Love!

Anonymous said...

your blog looks amazing! i can't get over your photos and how beautiful you look.

and i hope this is okay but your husband looks like i've always imagined sherlock holmes to look. :-) and you are positively lovely.

Unknown said...

So many sweet and wonderful comments, thank you all so much!

Fee: Awww, thanks so much! I'm so flattered and happy that you plan to read through my entries someday! <3

Cheche: New friend! You are SUCH A DOLLFACE! Seriously, adore you and your blog :)
If you ever get the chance to travel, TAKE IT. You will never regret it. My hubs and I saved our money for a year to go on our honeymoon, spent it all, came home broke and never regretted it! It's a life altering experience.

Jennifer: Thanks so much new friend! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you and your blog, too! :-D

Amara: Ahhhhh! LOVE, MISS, THANK YOOOUU! <3<3<3

Adrian: Thanks girl!! Love that you love it :-D

Rain: You are so totally sweet and kind. Oh and I LOVE that you told me that Dave looks like what you imagined SH looked! So fun! <3<3